rmackman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put the 1999 County Stadium patch on mine and made it a Jim Abbott, but I'm weird.

Where did you find the patch?!?!?

eBay. 3 on there right now.

But the jersey is a 98 not a 99. That year it was the Wisconsin Sesquicentennial, which aren't on there. Because it was team issue, it says 98 on a tag on the inside.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Me, too. Best they've ever looked, and a few tweaks away from perfect.

My favorite Brewers wordmark (though I liked the one with green a little better)

This one has green. Blue letters, gold outline, ugly green second outline. Removing that would be the first tweak.

Me, too. Best they've ever looked, and a few tweaks away from perfect.

My favorite Brewers wordmark (though I liked the one with green a little better)

This one has green. Blue letters, gold outline, ugly green second outline. Removing that would be the first tweak.

Disagree. On the road greys, the extra outline is what keeps the gold from washing into the grey. That's one of my biggest pet peeves with the current uniforms.

And also, I never understood why they went from that set to the disaster they have now. In my opinion, I always thought that set looked pretty good.

Same here. But locally, the BiG era colors are overwhelmingly preferred by fans.

I loved the jerseys from this era, but the cap logo was pretty brutal.

For your jerey, I would go with Jaha or Cirillo, because they were my favorite Brewers during this period. Burnitz was kind of the face of the franchise at that time. I think either of those three would be good, though Eldred's not a bad choice either.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I remember I used to collect the little baseball caps from the vending machines. This was right around the time I started getting interested in logos. I managed to get both the original blue mitten logo cap, as well as this logo with the MB interlocking. Not sure why they had both versions in there, but I was extremely confused at the time lol. (This was before the internet and cable sports packages). :)

sig.png

I remember I used to collect the little baseball caps from the vending machines. This was right around the time I started getting interested in logos. I managed to get both the original blue mitten logo cap, as well as this logo with the MB interlocking. Not sure why they had both versions in there, but I was extremely confused at the time lol. (This was before the internet and cable sports packages). :)

Actually, this is the home version of the caps to this uniform. The road ones had a gold M with a white outline.

50-Milwaukee-Brewers-MLB-Retro-On-Field-Collection-1999-With-White-Sweatband-And-Gray-Under-5950-59fifty-New-Era-Cap-2.jpg

Actually, this is the home version of the caps to this uniform. The road ones had a gold M with a white outline.

50-Milwaukee-Brewers-MLB-Retro-On-Field-Collection-1999-With-White-Sweatband-And-Gray-Under-5950-59fifty-New-Era-Cap-2.jpg

I actually hated that cap, and I wear this cap with the jersey I own even though it's chronologically incorrect:

hcmil96a.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I could never mix eras like that.

But then, it profoundly bothers me that the Retired numbers in Miller park are all in the current style, a style none of them wore.

I've never been a fan of that either. It would be great if they just put the numbers up in the style of the era in which each player played. Or for uniformity's sake, have them be in a non-specific font with the appropriate logo underneath like the Astros do.

The only one that kind of makes sense to be in the current style is Uecker's 50, but that doesn't even qualify as a retired number

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I could never mix eras like that.

But then, it profoundly bothers me that the Retired numbers in Miller park are all in the current style, a style none of them wore.

I couldn't typically mix eras, but because the 1998 set is merely a tweak of the '94 set, it's not a big deal in my eyes. It's the same logo and all.

spacer.png

Archived