rmackman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What other numbers are on the tag? Just curious. That Grissom one obviously has his name, but I couldn't tell what else it said. I assume size, year, etc.

I ask because I picked up a cheap Cubs jersey long ago (from the team) that was "game issued" but not game worn. It was designated for No. 5, but that was a coach so he probably didn't go through his allotment. Needless to say, I did not go with a 5 when I put a number on it. Just thought maybe your jersey had a number intended for it.

As for the MB cap, I hated it at the time. It's growing on me seeing it here, though. Loved the M caps that replaced them, though. I own the road version with a gold M. Great looking road set, IMO. You've got a nice jersey there. The green, while unnecessary, gets lost at a distance so both the cap and jersey always gave off more of a blue and gold vibe to me.

And as far as mixing eras, I don't mind using the MB cap with the jersey you have - same era and color scheme - but I personally wouldn't go with a Hall of Famer that didn't wear that particular style. Not sure I helped much. If all else fails, Jaha.

What other numbers are on the tag? Just curious. That Grissom one obviously has his name, but I couldn't tell what else it said. I assume size, year, etc.

I ask because I picked up a cheap Cubs jersey long ago (from the team) that was "game issued" but not game worn. It was designated for No. 5, but that was a coach so he probably didn't go through his allotment. Needless to say, I did not go with a 5 when I put a number on it. Just thought maybe your jersey had a number intended for it.

As for the MB cap, I hated it at the time. It's growing on me seeing it here, though. Loved the M caps that replaced them, though. I own the road version with a gold M. Great looking road set, IMO. You've got a nice jersey there. The green, while unnecessary, gets lost at a distance so both the cap and jersey always gave off more of a blue and gold vibe to me.

And as far as mixing eras, I don't mind using the MB cap with the jersey you have - same era and color scheme - but I personally wouldn't go with a Hall of Famer that didn't wear that particular style. Not sure I helped much. If all else fails, Jaha.

No player number on the inside tag. Just 1998-46 for the size. They probably hadn't assigned it to anyone as it was likely an extra.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If it were me, I'd go with Wickman or Vina....woulda suggested D'Amico too, I liked him even though he aint listed. Hell, I might've gone with Kyle Petersen, a shame that cat had to retire as young as he did, he was alright.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Where do you send your jerseys to get lettered? I have a blank Flyers jersey that I'm trying to get lettered but I have no idea where to go.

Local store here in Chicago called Grandstand.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Well, this saga has a rather sad ending. I brought the jersey in to Grandstand, and for the first time ever, they told me they'd be unable to do the jersey. They were honest about it though. I was told they have fonts that are close to what the Brewers used in 1998, but it wasn't exact. They knew I tend to be particular about my jerseys, especially the authentic ones, so they said I'd rather not ruin your jersey than put a "close enough" font on it.

I respect that. Looks like I'll have to see if any places in Milwaukee have the right fonts.

spacer.png

Got mine done, spot-on, at EPS in Rockford.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What do they charge? I'd have to figure out if/when I'm going to Rockford ever, though.

spacer.png

What do they charge? I'd have to figure out if/when I'm going to Rockford ever, though.

$65 according to their website. I always just FedEx'd my jerseys to them. It might be an extra $10, but considering the time and gas spent driving there, it's worth it for me.

I suppose I could order the lettering, have it sent to me, then bring it to the shop I usually go to in order to have it sewn.

spacer.png

$65 according to their website. I always just FedEx'd my jerseys to them. It might be an extra $10, but considering the time and gas spent driving there, it's worth it for me.

And tolls...can't forget the tolls. :)

(Unless you parallel I-90 via US-20...which then circles back around to your original point, I suppose.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ha! That's my jersey! (Edit: the Iginla jersey in my avatar and my Canes Brind'Amour jersey are also on there. I have a problem.)

I usually just wait until I have a few jerseys I'd like to get done, make the trip, and buy beers and cheeses over the border while I'm up there.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 5 months later...

Archived