Personal Hockey Concept League (EHL): Team #1 Seattle Sasquatch

hersheyBears23

Since I was a kid, like many of you have created and cultivated my own personal leagues. The EHL (Esposito Hockey League) is an American hockey league that has existed since 1999. I am new to designing logos on the computer so I am working on improving the teams as I go and any advice and input would be helpful as I move forward through this series. I will start with the Western Conference (to avoid an east coast bias situation). So here we go with the EHL and the first entry. Any interest in helping design secondary or arena logos please feel free to.

#1: Seattle Sasquatch (Mountain Division)

DON'T MESS WITH SASQUATCH!

The Seattle Sasquatch began play in the EHL in 2002 in the Mountain Division. The expansion franchise saw immediate success. Fueled by its passionate fan base the Sasquatch battled through the 2004 ESPO Cup playoffs defeating some of the league's most high profile stars. Led by captain Peter Turcotte and goalie (playoff MVP) Robert Macintosh the Sasquatch brought a Western Conference banner to the ceiling of the Starbucks Center. Since the 2004 season Seattle has not been back to the finals although have had moderate success winning 3 Mountain Division crowns. Their arch rivals are the division foes to the south the Portland Navigators.

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

The Seattle group that was responsible for bringing hockey to the emerald city held a name the team contest that yielded finalist names of Stealth, Swords, Brewers (coffee) and the eventual winner Sasquatch. Ultimately the team selected Sasquatch for its mysterious nature, ferocity, domination and history with the Pacific Northwest.

Up Next: #2 Alaska Kodiaks

Sasquatchwordmark_zps89e99136.png

SasquatchPrim_zpsfcfffe37.png

sasquatchhome_zpsb8605c50.png

sasquatchaway_zpscb804c0e.png

Sorry but that's a really rough 90's era looking logo. Try to smoothen out your strokes into curves to give the facial features more of a defining shape because all I see right now is a collage of squares, triangles, and various lines.

Midway.png

Archived