WBS Pens to get new uniforms next season

JQK

While doing a photoshoot for my radio station today, got to talk to the WBS Pens PR guy... they gave all of us jerseys to wear, and i got their third from last season. While telling the gentleman how much i liked that uniform, he said, "Don't worry... we're getting new ones next year. That's the Road"

I immediately lit up. Could this be how their new set looks, and will Pittsburgh go the same route?

16301_10151534953632176_1994239770_n.jpg

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

While doing a photoshoot for my radio station today, got to talk to the WBS Pens PR guy... they gave all of us jerseys to wear, and i got their third from last season. While telling the gentleman how much i liked that uniform, he said, "Don't worry... we're getting new ones next year. That's the Road"

I immediately lit up. Could this be how their new set looks, and will Pittsburgh go the same route?

Would it kill the Pens to adopt this template full-time?

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

So does the triangle template for the jerseys.

But in lieu of that...the above jerseys are a 100-fold improvement over the Penguins' current jerseys.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

When the Pens had the Vegas gold sewn on their pre-Edge jerseys in strips of dazzle nylon, it looked nice, even though I prefer athletic gold for them. Since the Edge rollout, though, they've been a black-and-khaki team.

What grinds my gears just as much, though, is that the players' rear numbers overlap the contrasting side panels on many players' jerseys, especially those with a "4" in their number.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I would love to see the Pens use a metallic gold, maybe something close to what Notre Dame uses or if you want to go a little more on the orangey side, that'd be fine with me. But they need something to brighten up their uniforms and to drop the blue 3rds permanantly.

This would be way better than what they currently have... although I'd prefer athletic gold.

Untitled.jpg

This is as close as we're ever going to get to the Penguins looking like they should. Apparently Mario hates the black/athletic gold colour scheme.

This wouldn't be the first time that an AHL team gives us a preview of the parent club's new jerseys. The Bridgeport Sound Tigers did it the season before the Isles switched to their current home/away set.

This would be way better than what they currently have... although I'd prefer athletic gold.

Untitled.jpg

This is as close as we're ever going to get to the Penguins looking like they should. Apparently Mario hates the black/athletic gold colour scheme.

I don't get why Mario has such an aversion to the colours he primarily played in... Makes zero sense to me. Vegas Gold was fine on the pre-edge set because the material was metallic. On the current set and the above, it looks more like khaki than gold.

I've heard the reason is because he believes those colors represents a certain era/generation in the team's history (late 80's through the 90's) when they had him, Jagr, Francis, Barrasso, Stevens, etc. and should remain in that time. Much the same reason why I believe these jerseys should not be worn by the Penguins right now. I wouldn't be against them going back to athletic gold, and I'm sure nobody else would, being that it is the city's colors and the continuity with the Pirates and Steelers was unique. The only time I'd oppose a return to athletic gold is if its simultaneous with going back to this style, because it would be an exact copy of those "cup era" jerseys. I can understand wanting to have the current colors represent this generation of Penguins, and it really doesn't look bad at all. It was unique from any other team in the league until the Ducks adopted it. Besides, everything in the new building from the seats, to the tiling, to the walls, is in a sort of black-and-vegas-gold scheme.

oBIgzrL.png

I've heard the reason is because he believes those colors represents a certain era/generation in the team's history (late 80's through the 90's) when they had him, Jagr, Francis, Barrasso, Stevens, etc. and should remain in that time. Much the same reason why I believe these jerseys should not be worn by the Penguins right now. I wouldn't be against them going back to athletic gold, and I'm sure nobody else would, being that it is the city's colors and the continuity with the Pirates and Steelers was unique. The only time I'd oppose a return to athletic gold is if its simultaneous with going back to this style, because it would be an exact copy of those "cup era" jerseys. I can understand wanting to have the current colors represent this generation of Penguins, and it really doesn't look bad at all. It was unique from any other team in the league until the Ducks adopted it. Besides, everything in the new building from the seats, to the tiling, to the walls, is in a sort of black-and-vegas-gold scheme.

If the Pens went with their Mario-Jagr era template with the current colors they would look fantastic, just as the baby Pens do. Now if they'd just quit dragging back the baby blue and navy retro unis...

Archived