Warriors unveil jersey with sleeves

Derek

I'll echo what most are saying. The sleeves in and of themselves are not the problem. The mismatching golds, the pinstriped shorts with non-pinstriped jersey...add that to the already non-conventional jersey front the Warriors wear and this is an unmitigated disaster.

I'd be really curious to see a well-designed sleeved NBA uniform now.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the negative comments, particularly regarding the sleeves and the mis-matched shorts/jersey.

But there is one element I am kind of starting to like: The wordmark and number overlapping the logo. I do not like the current Golden State look for the same reason I did not like the 1990s Rockets look--I don't like the logo to be front and center on a basketball jersey. But putting the wordmark/number on top of the very plain white version of the logo provides a watermark effect that I kind of like. At worst it's a "lesser evil" than how they do their primaries. And I actually think it looks good. I don't know if I'd want it to become a trend as I think this logo is probably more conducive to "watermarking" on a jersey than most.

This >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> arching the wordmark above the logo and neatly embedding the number within the logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

WHY, why WHY!!!! the pinstriped shorts? This whole jersey set is one of the worst disasters I have ever seen.

Honestly their identity is pretty bad to begin with. The giant logos on the jersey, weird template, overused font. Now I really like the side striping on the 3rd uniforms but the jersey just doesn't work. Like others have said removing the sleeves and adding pinstripes to the jersey could really help.

Which may be why they did this. Their current "Golden State" identity has an expiration date of 2016 right now anyway. They'll be completely renamed and re-branded when they move across the bay into their new SF arena. So why not take some chances and experiment with oddball combinations and things like that. You're not hurting your overall brand long term since said brand won't exist in 2017. Not saying I like any of what they've done with this particular uniform, but their main unis in blue have resonated with the fans I've talked to. So they've obviously had a few hits with their misses.

It'll certainly sell well amongst guys with less-than-muscular arms.

I don't agree. They are too tight. Anyone even a little overweight will not be flattered by these. T-shirt versions for $15 will be the way to go.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't agree. They are too tight. Anyone even a little overweight will not be flattered by these. T-shirt versions for $15 will be the way to go.

Agreed. As bad as an out of shape person can look in a baggy sleeveless jersey (especially if they don't wear an undershirt) and being an overweight guy I speak from experience. These jerseys will look bad regardless of how you wear them. I wouldn't buy one of these for the same reason I don't buy bicycle jerseys (besides the doping aspect of that farce).

No, do it similar to how the NFL does their jerseys. The on-the-field uniforms are skintight, but have more room in the replicas. Charge $65 and you're good to go.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I didn't realize they were skin-tight. Even still, a lanky dude might prefer to wear this.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

This wallpaper shows how bad the uniform is. Even the patch for the California logo looks bad with another color of yellow its on.

http://i.cdn.turner....3_1920x1200.jpg

Even when they control the environment and lighting and try to make it look as good as they can, this is still one of the very worst uniforms I've ever seen...and I'm saying that with no trace of hyperbole.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Archived