Warriors unveil jersey with sleeves

Derek

As long as these looser fitting ones are available for retail then fans will look fine in these. On the other hand if they are super form fitted then....

...yeah. That pic a few posts up says it all.

The authentic special material jerseys cost $300. You can get the replicas which are closer to just a shirt and looser and they go for $110

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, I can get past the idea of sleeves. I can't get past the mismatching yellow's. There's just no excuse for that.

No only that, but when I saw David Lee walk on court...I thought it was a rogue fan in a yellow shirt and yellow shorts. This seems like a good idea, but the execution is horrible.

bSLCtu2.png

You know what? if they got rid of the pinstripes on the shorts (which is the only reason they look discoloured from the jersey) I would really like this. I'm going to give kudos to the Warriors for the guts to try something like this.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

They didn't look quite as bad in motion. But the cable pinstripes are indeed terrible. The sleeves actually look petty good, but don't look all that different from a soccer jersey.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

TOO MUCH YELLOW IN THAT PICTURE

They have a nice shade of blue. They should consider using it. They're not the Lakers.

Fun fact - the Warriors were the first NBA team to wear yellow at home, a year before the Lakers changed to Forum Blue & Gold.

They have a nice shade of blue. They should consider using it. They're not the Lakers.

Fun fact - the Warriors were the first NBA team to wear yellow at home, a year before the Lakers changed to Forum Blue & Gold.

The term "Forum Blue" bugs me. It's purple.

I watched the game last night, and I'll admit that I didn't hate the uniforms. Without the pinstripes, I'd even say that they're ok. I hate Golden State's half-assed retro look to begin with, but I guess in that regard, these seemed to fall into place.

The term "Forum Blue" bugs me. It's purple.

Again - they called it "Forum Blue" only until 1981, after which they began referring to it as "Royal Purple".

32 years ago.

Actually, yellow uniforms are perfect for the Warriors.

tumblr_memc2nCdPC1qcp1zao1_500.jpg

The sleeves and pinstripes are what brings those uniforms into clownsuit territory, not the use of yellow as the primary color.

When the Warriors move to San Francisco they need to wear these for their game. Heck, just bring them back. Period.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived