Warriors unveil jersey with sleeves

Derek

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good God

That, along with the Under Armor NFL combine outfits are among the most awful things I've ever seen. What will future CCSLC membors thing about this time? We laugh at the Giant Dinosaur on the 1996 Raptors.. but these?

What surprises me is I thought we were in the midst of an ultimate throwback inspired, almost bland timeperiod that was the downward spiral from the mid-90's/2000's. So many rebrands latly have been almost to make-up for the over-the-top period that came before it. And then, BLAM!

AND--I think the worst part about this whole thing... look at the teams!! this isn't Oregon... its the traditional teams that you'd think would NEVER do this... kansas? ucla? NOTRE DAME??????

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I predict the sleeved NBA jersey will catch on and become standard like the league did when it went from short shorts to the modern long shorts

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Back to the Warriors, I love this detail.

022213_jerseydebut_3_0.jpg

And dammit, that's a gorgeous color scheme.

It's like a paradox. In this set the Warriors got the best shorts in the NBA, but on the other side the worst top.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I don't get what is so good about those shorts or the element at the bottom. There is inexplicably black or navy, which appears to be forming a "w" at the bottom of the diamond, but the Wizards did something similar with their shorts, and those suck, too. What am I missing here?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Black or navy? Um, those are shadows from the wrinkles in the fabric??

And I think it's the subtle spear shape that people really like. (Warriors, spears...I guess they kinda go in there together. :P)

As for the entire ensemble, I watched that game against the Spurs, and surprised myself by how much I liked those.. like, a LOT. (Maybe it was all the yellow, since that's one of my two favorite colors.) I personally think they should do a blue inverse if that set, sleeves and all, and go de facto primary with it. It only makes sense that a California team be at the forefront of a sports design revolution (hate it if you wish, but that's exactly what this is, otherwise we wouldn't all be talking about it.) I didn't think so at first, but the Warriors have quietly built up a pretty darn solid brand/identity for themselves since switching over, and I think this right here, even if only just for the novelty of it, will help push them up that next level. (It also doesn't hurt to have two of the L's up-and-coming stars-in-the-making, David Lee and Stephen Curry, to help market this new stuff, either.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hmm...okay I definitely didn't catch that before. If that's what that is, then feel free to fire an egg at my grill.

(My overall opinion still stands, though.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

David Lee is nearly 30 years old. He's not an up-and-coming star.

To which I say...age ain't nothing but a number.

(This from someone who's about to turn 31 and is still trying to come up in the world. :P )

I don't get what is so good about those shorts or the element at the bottom. There is inexplicably black or navy, which appears to be forming a "w" at the bottom of the diamond, but the Wizards did something similar with their shorts, and those suck, too. What am I missing here?

That would not be so bad, if not for the fact that there is already a "W" there. Do they really need two?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived