grabursock5

Retro college Football unis

Louisville vs Alabama in 1991 (Browning Nagle)

browning.jpg

Louisville upsets #4 Florida State in 2002 (Dave Ragone) (Also yellow number trim)

louisville-dave-ragone-henry-miller.jpg

Louisville vs Wake Forest in the Orange Bowl (Brian Brohm)

brohm-orange-bowl.jpg

Louisville from the 1940's-60's (Frank Camp Era)

220px-Frank-camp.jpg

1968 Ohio University vs. Toledo

1968f.jpg

1968b.jpg

Cotton692.jpg

Texas-Tennesee 1969 Cotton Bowl

HarryG_Rose_Bowl.jpg

USC-Indian 1967 Rose Bowl

Sugar691_1_.JPG
Arkansas-Georgia, late 60s

1250946.jpeg

1990 or 1991 UCF

163819.jpeg

I wore those Black and yellow helmets. I really am surprised they have not worn those as a throwback.

If I am not mistaken, for one year after those helmets they had a reverse version of it: gold helmets with the black Florida outline. I really liked those.

You are correct, the year after I graduated they did. I really am surprised they have never gone back to these at all.

robinson-fb-history-200.jpg

I wish they'd bring this back for a game or two. Great uniform. The red helmet, the interlocked NI, and perfect striping. 'Twas a good look.

Love the Marshall Faulk jerseys. Oh and when is this new whacky jersey fad going to turn into throw back to all of these jerseys?

1983 Indiana Hoosiers:

4JUCfGD.jpg

cTr7JZ1.jpg

Hawaii Wariors 1959:

E5bp1Y8.jpg

These uniforms are BEAUTIFUL. Amazing. It's like the Denver Nuggets created a football club. <3

1968b.jpg

I don't know if there are words to describe how much I love this logo. I don't know that I've seen it on a helmet--and I think it looks even better. I loathe the state of Ohio and everything OSU; how is it that I think almost everything Ohio U does is pure class?

West Texas State (now West Texas A&M) in the 1960s:

vkzPLxv.jpg

gchX7Lt.jpg

3ZTxO36.jpg

Hawaii Wariors 1959:

E5bp1Y8.jpg

That is awesome!

So nice. That should be their full time look. Just the right amount of flash.

1983 Indiana Hoosiers:

4JUCfGD.jpg

cTr7JZ1.jpg

IU's had many other good unis over the years, but I've never been crazy for these as the literal representation of "crimson and cream." Cream is just a prettier word for white, like when gold is used for yellow. Even if you put that aside, it's kind of bland combo on plain-looking uniforms.

gchX7Lt.jpg

Was this a picture for a magazine or something?

Schedule-1983_Fball_Buffs_medium.jpg

1982 Colorado. An interesting turn. School colors are (or were) silver and gold, so not sure where the blue came from, but I like it.

20130402__03DCSFRBW.jpg

Here is, I think their previous year's version of the uniform. Doesn't work as well with grey numbers. CU seems to struggle incorporating a balance of gold and silver over the years.

1982 Colorado. An interesting turn. School colors are (or were) silver and gold, so not sure where the blue came from, but I like it.

20130402__03DCSFRBW.jpg

Here is, I think their previous year's version of the uniform. Doesn't work as well with grey numbers. CU seems to struggle incorporating a balance of gold and silver over the years.

They did a pretty good job of using both during the Dan Hawkins era.

92602539_crop_650x440.jpg?1296600257

And as far as the sky blue goes, I'm not exactly sure why they began using it, but during the 80's the school let each individual sports teams choose whether they wanted to use black or sky blue. Football chose sky blue.

gchX7Lt.jpg

Was this a picture for a magazine or something?

This photo is from a 1968 Life magazine feature on Mercury Morris. The mercury wings were done by the WTSU art department.

IU's had many other good unis over the years, but I've never been crazy for these as the literal representation of "crimson and cream." Cream is just a prettier word for white, like when gold is used for yellow. Even if you put that aside, it's kind of bland combo on plain-looking uniforms.

I'm not crazy about the plain jerseys, but the helmet, pants, and use of cream are perfect.

1968f.jpg

1968b.jpg

Way over the class. Amazing logo.

20130402__03DCSFRBW.jpg

They did a pretty good job of using both during the Dan Hawkins era.

92602539_crop_650x440.jpg?1296600257

And as far as the sky blue goes, I'm not exactly sure why they began using it, but during the 80's the school let each individual sports teams choose whether they wanted to use black or sky blue. Football chose sky blue.

YDXECCCBXZITFXZ.20090917225124.jpg

This was my favorite look with silver - the mid-to-late 90s split number set. I own a couple jerseys in this style...they are pretty cool. The sleeve stripes are awesome, I think.