American Rugby Union

nas1787

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there wasn't much of a consensus, but the majority did seem to like option 2. So I'm happy to go with that. It certainly provides the biggest contrast to Minnesota's green. Here's the update. I tried out the knot pattern on the shorts but it just didn't work. It's too much.

zzriO9h.jpg

5J6ZRcs.jpg

Okay folks, here's Houston. Another suggested name, Houston Generals, with Rugby Club added. One of the Texas teams needed a red, white and blue colour scheme, so Houston it is. The crest features the flag of US 5-star generals. The topper on the crest is a train's cow catcher, as someone mentioned the railroad history of the city.

The home kit is based on an old rugby sweater I have from the University of Guelph, with think little double-coloured hoops. The alternate is also hooped, just more in your face. Let me know what you think.

hHoO58C.jpg

ZVKGLuo.jpg

Nicely done... though unless and until ExxonMobil moves its corporate headquarters to Houston, I'm sure there will be some Houstonian noses out of joint over rooting for a team with jerseys that bear the name of a sponsor that has chosen to site its administrative center in - gasp! - the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.

;)

Archived