American Rugby Union

nas1787

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. Happy St. Patty's Day. I'm back with another concept.

today we have Philadelphia Glory. Here I combined some suggestions. Someone suggested using the name Philadelphia Lightning/Electric to honour Ben Franklin and his electrcity experiment with the kite and key. While I didn't really like the name Lightning or Electric, I found the imagery of the kite to be really interesting. Someone else suggested the name Glory, which really leaves the identity up in the air, so I combined that with the kite. I really like the simplicity of the kite, it reminds me a bit of the All Blacks fern. The blue and yellow comes from Philadelphia's flag. On the kits I just used an enlarged version of the kite tail, otherwise they are pretty simple. Hope you enjoy.

Q7Gx3ch.jpg

wehzdgs.jpg

PS. I'm considering revising Seattle and getting rid of the wave on the shorts of the alt kit (I think I'll make it match the striping on the socks). Look for that soon.

It's always bugged me that Philadelphia uses blue and yellow in their city flag and that it gets ignored by sports teams. I'm glad you didn't just do a straight swap with yellow shorts -- the white has character.

All in all, another well done set.

sport-scarf_devils_zps117fda40.png

Thanks guys.

Here's the updated NYC set. The only changes made were:

- All green was changed to blue (also taken from the MTA design guidelines)

- Changed yellow socks to orange on the alternate kit

Yellow and white remain as small accent colours, but it is now mainly black, orange and blue. I think the small changes make it look much better (and more like New York). Thanks for all the advice.

There was the suggestion of a blue jersey too. I'm going to leave that for now. There was a similar suggestion for a third jersey with my Utah concept. I think I'll leave all of these till the end, and then maybe do a third kit for each club.

LbURAch.jpg

FT0lpKN.jpg

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but would you consider using highlighter green numbers on the home kit? I really think it could work in the sense that it'd make the numbers stand out from the rest of the uniform... much like the Dodgers red front numbers.

Gud stuff.

Off topic...but, bleuet, was that "question-mark-nordique-logo" avatar you're idea?

If so...brilliant!

If not...it's still brilliant!

Not my idea.

I think they sell t-shirts with these on but cannot recall details.

Fun isnt? ;-)

Thanks guys.

Here's the updated NYC set. The only changes made were:

- All green was changed to blue (also taken from the MTA design guidelines)

- Changed yellow socks to orange on the alternate kit

Yellow and white remain as small accent colours, but it is now mainly black, orange and blue. I think the small changes make it look much better (and more like New York). Thanks for all the advice.

There was the suggestion of a blue jersey too. I'm going to leave that for now. There was a similar suggestion for a third jersey with my Utah concept. I think I'll leave all of these till the end, and then maybe do a third kit for each club.

LbURAch.jpg

FT0lpKN.jpg

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but would you consider using highlighter green numbers on the home kit? I really think it could work in the sense that it'd make the numbers stand out from the rest of the uniform... much like the Dodgers red front numbers.

Really, green? This concept already has 5 colours in it, I'm not sure it needs another. I'm willing to try it out but I'm very skeptical...

Someone suggested Bighorns for Denver, which I really liked. The logo is just a D with a big horn on it (similar to the Rams R logo). I had this colour scheme of brown and tan that I liked, and I thought Denver would be a good team to try it out on. I think the colours might have ended up a tad too similar, but overall I like it. I went with bold blocks of colours on the home kit. For the alternate I decided to try my hand at making a kit out of Colorado's state flag (I figured I couldn't do worse than the Rapids). I went ahead and used the C as the crest on the alternate, and put the Bighorns logo on the back above the number. Let me know what you think.

jsxH4Sb.jpg

KpnLhvm.jpg

Someone suggested Bighorns for Denver, which I really liked. The logo is just a D with a big horn on it (similar to the Rams R logo). I had this colour scheme of brown and tan that I liked, and I thought Denver would be a good team to try it out on. I think the colours might have ended up a tad too similar, but overall I like it. I went with bold blocks of colours on the home kit. For the alternate I decided to try my hand at making a kit out of Colorado's state flag (I figured I couldn't do worse than the Rapids). I went ahead and used the C as the crest on the alternate, and put the Bighorns logo on the back above the number. Let me know what you think.

jsxH4Sb.jpg

KpnLhvm.jpg

Easily one of my favorites.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

It's the little things that make me like this one a lot...the thin red outline on the numbers for the alt, the simplistic crest...and I love the way the brown and tan play off of each other. The colors are definitely distinct.

sport-scarf_devils_zps117fda40.png

Seeing as you are from Vancouver, you probably know the Whitecaps went with a brown alt last year, and many an eyebrow was raised when the color scheme leaked. But I was really impressed when I saw the jersey, as I am with both of these. I think brown could be the new black when it comes to sports uniforms. As for the alt - I've always liked that combination of colors, the yellow really sets it off.

Noticing that the ARU was lacking in purple (much as the CRP was) I decided for Dallas I was definitely going to use purple. After trying out a few colours to go with it, I thought teal looked really great. They might not have anything to do with Dallas or Bulls, but oh well.

I had a hard time finding a name that I liked for Dallas. Someone suggested Bulls, and while I don't think it's the greatest name in the world, I do think it's well within the realm of what a club from Dallas might actually call themselves.

The crest features an angry bull head with a rugby ball holding shape in behind. Both kits feature slanted stripes, with the home being much bolder than the alternate. C&C appreciated. And just two clubs left to go (Atlanta and Washington)!

EooogwK.jpg

yE8Dlff.jpg

Noticing that the ARU was lacking in purple (much as the CRP was) I decided for Dallas I was definitely going to use purple. After trying out a few colours to go with it, I thought teal looked really great. They might not have anything to do with Dallas or Bulls, but oh well.

I had a hard time finding a name that I liked for Dallas. Someone suggested Bulls, and while I don't think it's the greatest name in the world, I do think it's well within the realm of what a club from Dallas might actually call themselves.

The crest features an angry bull head with a rugby ball holding shape in behind. Both kits feature slanted stripes, with the home being much bolder than the alternate. C&C appreciated. And just two clubs left to go (Atlanta and Washington)!

EooogwK.jpg

yE8Dlff.jpgY

Another professional execution.

Archived