High school goalie's own-goal protest goes viral

Viper

Yeah, but there wasn't a generation where goalies weren't nutballs forever on the brink of meltdown. Gump Worsley wasn't afraid to play without a mask but was afraid to fly in a plane. You can't explain these people.

This.

P.S. I hope he grows up enough someday to realize his mistake...and maybe even apologize.

Meh. I don't think so. Sports isn't the end all be all of life. This isn't a kid who's looking to make a career out of hockey, and I bet that goes for his teammates as well. So the team lost a hockey game. In the end that doesn't really matter.

Honestly, I bet they all laugh about it in 10 5 2 years.

"Dude, you remember when Billy scored an own goal and flipped off the coaches?" "Yeah but he's still a bitch. Buy us a round, you whiny bastard." " :censored: you guys." *orders round*

At least that's my experience whenever I see my old high school friends.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

What a jackass he really shows was more person use for doing that maybe you steam wasn't very good but it doesn't matter you just try to go out to you compete doing something like that really is really shallow and 1 day 1 day hopefully he'll be ready and then when he goes into be a midterm leave make sure if he acts like that he's going to have his ass 1 out by some DI. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to have that guy Gunny like he was in a full metal jacket that would be funny

Impressive, Tank. This is the Tankiest post you've ever written and I have no idea what you just said.

Were you in phone?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah, but there wasn't a generation where goalies weren't nutballs forever on the brink of meltdown. Gump Worsley wasn't afraid to play without a mask but was afraid to fly in a plane. You can't explain these people.

This.

P.S. I hope he grows up enough someday to realize his mistake...and maybe even apologize.

Meh. I don't think so. Sports isn't the end all be all of life. This isn't a kid who's looking to make a career out of hockey, and I bet that goes for his teammates as well. So the team lost a hockey game. In the end that doesn't really matter.

What he did tells you everything you need to know about his character. His character is what's going to get him wherever he goes in life, sports or otherwise. Which likely isn't very far. Obviously I don't know this kid, but based on this incident, he could be the poster child for the me-me-me, entitled, everyone-else-is-to-blame, whiny-a** "I'm a victim" type.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

All he did was justify the coach's decision to not start him for the entire season. I wouldn't call him the poster child for the me me me generation, but it was a selfish move.

I'd love to know what happened after the game because I'm picturing my own teammates and if one of our goalies had pulled something like this it wouldn't have gone well for them.

It is entirely possible that the coach is an asshat himself and judging by the teammates' reactions, they weren't exactly enraged or surprised. Still though, tell the coach off like a man, don't salute from 100 feet away.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I am on board with the curmudgeons here. This is a low-character move. If it's really as bad as he says, then he should have just quit the team. Yeah, that would be open to criticism and he may regret it some day, but at least he would not be totally screwing the team that way. He should play because he enjoys it and if the coach is stopping him from enjoying it, I can cut him some slack for quitting, but this is a punk move.

He's a kid and I don't think this means he'll be a punk/failure/quitter/whatever for the rest of his life. But he should reflect on this and learn from it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

What a jackass he really shows was more person use for doing that maybe you steam wasn't very good but it doesn't matter you just try to go out to you compete doing something like that really is really shallow and 1 day 1 day hopefully he'll be ready and then when he goes into be a midterm leave make sure if he acts like that he's going to have his ass 1 out by some DI. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to have that guy Gunny like he was in a full metal jacket that would be funny

Impressive, Tank. This is the Tankiest post you've ever written and I have no idea what you just said.

Were you in phone?

Yes I was I was trying to type with the speaker option voice typing its some new fangled thing.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Were you in phone?

I give this post a not so serious PotD nomination just for creating the word "tankiest". Pure gold.

Archived