New "Boise State" Rule in college football.

hettinger_rl

I cant wait until someone finds the loop hole in this and exposes the NCAA blazer-wearing bozos. I hope a team decides to go all white during a snow storm, as mentioned above.

PBDIQDOZXVAFWOO.20121102170222.jpg

Mississippi State did it back in 2000 vs Texas A&M.

To be fair, that was a bowl game. It wasn't like they expected to be in a blizzard. But yes it's painful to try to find someone wearing all white in a snowstorm. Trust me.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant wait until someone finds the loop hole in this and exposes the NCAA blazer-wearing bozos. I hope a team decides to go all white during a snow storm, as mentioned above.

To be fair, that was a bowl game. It wasn't like they expected to be in a blizzard. But yes it's painful to try to find someone wearing all white in a snowstorm. Trust me.

Yeah that's true. It's just the first game I thought of when I saw that snow comment.

Side Note: I think it's time for Boise to wear white-orange-white at home games now.

Yeah that's true. It's just the first game I thought of when I saw that snow comment.

Side Note: I think it's time for Boise to wear white-orange-white at home games now.

On your side note, the last 2 times the Broncos wore white and orange at home in any combo, we lost to TCU and SDSU, so getting that to fly in Bronco Nation might be difficult. Personally, I think the uniform thing is getting stupid. People seem to overlook that Boise State won at home for a long time before going monochrome.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I suggest a long, expensive and unnecessary scientific study into the advantage gained by camouflaging yourself into the field turf.

Not a bad idea actually. It's not that hard to determine if a statistically significant increase in the number of surprise hits and injuries happen when "camouflage" is used.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Of course they did. Doesn't the MW already have a conference rule banning monochrome blue for BSU? Natural extension.

I believe part of the deal to get them to come back was dropping that rule. With the MWC running to the NCAA, this reminds me of the free spending NHL owners then turning around and trying to get out of paying the full amount.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

This reminds me of the old computer football game "4th and inches". I made all the NFL teams using the team construction kit disk; if a team had a green jersey, the field would switch to light blue. I remember trying a matchup between a green team and a light blue team; if I recall correctly, the field switched to a Boise St. blue!

I suggest a long, expensive and unnecessary scientific study into the advantage gained by camouflaging yourself into the field turf.

Not a bad idea actually. It's not that hard to determine if a statistically significant increase in the number of surprise hits and injuries happen when "camouflage" is used.

There must be some studies done by sports economists on this point--too bad I don't have access to JSTOR anymore.

Anyway, I would be fine with the rule if a statistical or clinical study shows monochrome does offer an added advantage to the home team. Imagine hockey teams wearing monochrome white. I do think that there could be an exception for monochrome green for physiological reasons. The human eye has about twice as many receptors for green as it does for blue or red, so humans are natually able to distinguish between shades of green much better than blues or reds.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

By the way, I'm pretty sure I've read that the opposing teams complaints are NOT that you can't see the players during a game, but that its hard to make out all the details on game films, therefore affecting preparation. I'm not sure how many of us are in a position to judge the validity of that particular complaint.

You have to work 150 hours a week watching game film before you can weigh in.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The blizzard scenario is very interesting. In theory, any team could play in snow, so every team that only had white pants* would have to adopt an alternate set of pants. Penn State, for example, would have blue alternate pants and probably wear them once every five years on a road game in November. But they'd have to be "official" and they'd have to actually exist for each player. Actually, I think Penn State would look good with blue pants on the road.

*I am not sure whether helmets "count", i.e., would Mississippi State's dark helmet be enough to offset the "problem", or would dark pants be needed?

The original post asks "what has college football come to?" The answer is that it has come to the point where teams are doing funny things to their fields just to get noticed. It has come to the point where the uniforms are no longer about representing the school, but about getting us talking about the apparel manufacturer. I have no problem toning this crap down.

If I were king, I'd say that Boise can keep their blue field (and not wear blue mono) but everyone else must have green fields.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

They'll probably push this on basketball too, that would be the end of this:

13558704811CSUBakersfield.jpg

One can only hope. EGAD.

The original post asks "what has college football come to?" The answer is that it has come to the point where teams are doing funny things to their fields just to get noticed. It has come to the point where the uniforms are no longer about representing the school, but about getting us talking about the apparel manufacturer. I have no problem toning this crap down.

I have nothing to add to this; I'm just quoting it to say it again.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So I guess Oregon, Colorado State, Baylor, etc. won't be able to wear monochrome green?

But remember, next year Oregon will be wearing periwinkle-and-blackberry-chrome helmets on top of toasted-marshmallow-brown uniforms with duck wings literally sprouting from the shoulder blades of the jerseys. (Nike's new "duk-flite" uni-fit technology [TM]) So the green of Oregon is probably moot.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived