New Vikings logo released

steff002

Love this one

viking.png

I wonder what some of these guys would do if this was the actual update! I actually really like this one. Very clean and looks much easier to reproduce.

since they have never been directly exposed to good design, they would probably die.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love this one

viking.png

I wonder what some of these guys would do if this was the actual update! I actually really like this one. Very clean and looks much easier to reproduce.

since they have never been directly exposed to good design, they would probably die.

I like the update, but man that one's nice.

It's a shame vikingBen's not here to see it. :/

Yeah. It's basically the same. Wash.

Don't tell that to the guy who says they ruined the best logo in pro sports!
I completely disagree, the changes are not minor. There is a very obvious difference between the original logo and this new one. What happened to tradition? Don't fix it if it aint broke.

So, the question I pose to you guys. From an application standpoint, would you consider the Vikings logo (the old one) to be "broken?"

looking at it, I wish they changed the top of the helmet to another color besides yellow. Too much yellow in the logo. A purple helmet would at least flow/make sense with the actual football helmets.

Yesss! Hate that the yellow of the helmet and hair match.

Andrew, can you post a comparison between your update, the original, and their update?

from his dribbble page: http://dribbble.com/...hes&tag=vikings

also Fraser's version on the right: http://dribbble.com/...hes&tag=vikings

viking.pngdribbble__0040_vikings1.png

Fraser's version looks more like Hulk Hogan then either of the two actual versions. Andrew's is very nice, but I also like the one they went with.

The new update does just enough to change what was wrong while keeping everything that worked.

If only the Dolphins would do something similar....

You want the dolphins to make a change that 90% of the world wouldn't notice? Seems pointless.

From a $$ standpoint, I don't think fans will go out and buy a new hat just because this logo is on it.

I like our current logo and don't see the need to update (especially if it's what they are planning on using). I'd rather see a small adjustment than a full-blown makeover. The organization is planning to take the team in a whole new direction (new logo, new stadium renovations, and they are tossing down the fans throats they have a plan for success with this offseason). I've already made it known that if I don't like this new direction they are moving in I'm switching teams to Seattle (used to live there and grew up there for awhile, and YES it is that serious that I will switch teams over a logo if the organization doesn't know how to relate to it's fanbase or is heading down a path i don't view as acceptable for my favorite team)

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

^ Imma just leave that one alone.

------------------------------------------------------------

What this refresh tells me, and I'm willing to bet good bank on this, is that whenever/if the Vikings change up their uniforms, they're going straight-up throwback. Which, if pulled off right, might not necessarily be a bad thing.

I did a mock-up a long time ago....I'll have to dig around for it when/if I get back to the crib this weekend.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

What this refresh tells me, and I'm willing to bet good bank on this, is that whenever/if the Vikings change up their uniforms, they're going straight-up throwback. Which, if pulled off right, might not necessarily be a bad thing.

Can't be a straight up throwback... they just went out of their way to match the logo's horns to the updated helmet horns.

Hey, is this a first? In all my time on these boards I've never seen a change that didn't garner at least some hate from the posters.

I still think the linework isn't thick enough, especially the outside border. It's a slight improvement, but still not that great of a logo.

Since it won't be on a helmet I don't think it will matter as much. A very nice update by the Vikes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived