The NHL... A What If? Series - Part I: Colorado Rockies

TalktoChuck

Awesome thread and great start! Love all of the jerseys, even the standard edge template like what the Avalanche use.

My only suggestion would be to use pre-edge templates for the years before the edge system for that added touch of authenticity.

Also, it's the Kansas City Scouts...not the Chiefs.

Good catch. Chiefs and Kansas City just go hand in hand, I didn't even notice that I made that mistake.

Man does that Centennials logo looks nice on a hockey jersey ;). I'm seriously loving this though. Can't wait for part 2.

I had been working on an update to the Centennials logo for the next season, and when I finished it I thought how great of a Rockies logo it would make. And that was basically the inspiration for the project.

My only suggestion would be to use pre-edge templates for the years before the edge system for that added touch of authenticity.

I was meaning to do that, but I couldn't find a pre-edge template that I liked and that fit the same style as Speedy's template that I'm using. I wanted each jersey to have the same style so it wouldn't detract from the concept. I did eliminate most of the edge seams in the old jerseys though. For the next team, I will probably go in and edit this template to be more authentic to each time period.

As for more teams, because of the busyness of my schedule I'm not going to say which team is next or when a new team will be done. I have no time table, they'll just happen when they happen.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I wasn't expecting it to be this well received.

jNTsTyQ.png

One execution note: Save as PNG, not JPG. Your image will look cleaner.

Other than that, this series is off to an AMAZING start! I'd buy the 1996-2007 jersey!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Very nice. My only criticism was going to be that it looked too much like the Avs during a certain period, and then I remembered that they don't exist! So no criticisms from me.

The real question is if you will also plan to explain the history of the Colorado baseball team, who likely wouldn't be the Rockies. Also, does this mean that Marty wins 3 Stanley Cups with Colorado, and does that by extension mean they lose in 2001 to Quebec, or do the Nordiques move to teamless New Jersey and beat Colorado in 2001?? You sir, have opened up one major can of worms, haha

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Awesome work! Do the Devils still own the rights to the Rockies? If not, would be cool to see the Avalanche go with a jersey like this for their 3rds. Any plans for the Cincinnati Stingers? That would be sweet to see how they could have progressed. More than likely they would have been forced to change their colors (due to looking a lot like Boston).

• 2 weeks later...

This is an amazing series. I love the new Rockies logo, the jerseys look fantastic (loving the 90-96 uniforms myself, with the Pre-Edge era being my second favourite), and i can't wait to see some teams. if you can, could you do the Hampton Roads Rhinos, the expansion team that was supposed to take over Hartford? i'd love to see them, as well as the Whalers, Stingers and Maroons.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

Archived