American Baseball League

NDFreek

A long, long time ago, I was on these boards as a user named ChiSox14. That account is gone, due to a deleted email and a forgotten password, but my work and vision from that account remain with me. That is why, today I present to you baseball teams I have created for my own personal league.

ABL_zpsc668c48a.png

Portland Beavers

pORTLAND-4.png

PortlandALT_zps1b637053.png

I will post team/league history soon.

spacer.png

THROWBACKS! Oh, the horror. (From L to R - Slingers, Stars, Rats)

Throwbacks_zps47c76cc0.png

Dallas Gun Slingers - Before their move to El Paso, the Slingers were called the Gun Slingers in Dallas. It was here that they debuted in the 1970's with their iconic "wrangler" font. Never before has pro sports seen such a font. In 1992, the name 'Gun Slingers' was considered to violent and groups protested, thus the name was shortened to 'Slingers'. Due to financial issues in 1998, the team would leave for El Paso.

Hollywood Stars- During the 1970's the Stars went through their "Starburst" phase. The light red/pink and the yellow were hideous, but management left the jerseys until 1984. While the Starburst years are tarnished with such uniforms, the 70's were some of the best years the Stars would have, winning 3 league championships from 1972-1983.

Brooklyn Street Rats - An expansion team in 1974, the controversal name of 'Street Rats' wouldn't last long in Brooklyn. Later in 1986, the team would change its name to 'Rat Pack' in honor of the famous Rat Pack singing group which was very popular in New York. Brooklyn saw little to no success in the 1970's finishing in the bottom of the East standings nearly every year; except 1978 where they placed 4th.

spacer.png

Gaurdsthrowbacks_zpsc8acce6e.png

Virginia Beach Guards - When the ABL was formed, it's goal was to take cities with virtually no pro sports market and transform them into sports towns. One of these cities was Virginia Beach. The atmosphere of VB was ideal for a baseball team, a tourist could not only hit the beach, but catch a game as well! VB was generally in the top of the attendance list of ABL teams, and it seemed like everything was a party with a league championship in 1976.

spacer.png

Sorry but other than the stories, not a lot of creativity here. Common free font 'WT' on a silhouette of Texas, a weird looking beaver and again a 'PB' slapped on a cap/jersey, and then taking the Houston Astros new star and recoloring as a standalone primary logo.

I'm having trouble with my scanner so all my drawn logos/scripts are still in hard copies, so I'm limited to the free ones I can find.

-As for the Beavers, that was a team I made in 2010-2011(?)

-The Stars isn't the Astros logo, I just used the direction the 1960's Astros font went for the 70's, they actually are my fantasy team I made a while back.

-Brooklyn is a team I recently made about 3 weeks ago, and had intent on using until I worked with pin stripes, throwback is based on 80's royals/white sox

-West Texas I didn't want to use a gun or the rest of the story wouldn't make sense, I could use a cowboy however.

-Virginia Beach I have a better logo as a hard copy

The point of the throwbacks was to generally look the same, but have some really radical/ugly jerseys in the mix

spacer.png

Archived