Seattle Pilots Hockey Concept

Sport

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The update to the wings in the secondary is incredible. That's really where you need to be focusing this concept. Eliminate the entire shield shape, go with an S (sans Seattle inside of it) with those Aboriginal art wings off either side, and you'd have a terrific primary.

Although I will say that the primary you have now is also great.

u didn't consider ice pilots before doing concept

change name to Seattle Ice Pilots then you got team

Bad grammar aside, I'm not calling them the Seattle Ice Pilots. Adding the prefix "Ice" to a nickname is a VERY minor league practice and there actually was a minor league team called the Ice Pilots for a long time. It's not happening.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hi guys, It's been a while since I posted a concept and by while I mean in this decade. I've wanted to tackle this concept for a long time and with the discussion that Seattle may be getting an NHL team in the near future I decided to sit down and put some ideas together. The team: The Seattle PilotsPilotslogoslickA_zps1cd552f4.pngPilotsUniforms_A_zpsa5ed8dfb.pngThe stripes on the sleeves are intended to resemble the stripes on the sleeves of a pilot's jacket. C+C is greatly appreciated. I think the logo is almost there, but there's something that I can't quite put my finger on and it's definitely in the face. I could use some help with that. Thanks guys.

That alternate reminds me of the old Seattle Seahawks alternate jersey. Problem is, I don't know wether that's a good thing or bad.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Love the concept, but the pilot looks more like he comes from the WWI or "barnstorming" era than the late '40s/early '50s. In fact, he looks rather like a more-stylized version of the logo for Red Baron Pizza.

http://www.redbaron.com/images/logo.png

Nothing wrong with that era, of course, but if you wanted to portray a post-WWII pilot (which was the point where Boeing, and the Seattle area, started playing a major role in aviation), you'd probably need him to be clean-shaven, and with a somewhat more-modern uniform/costume. Think Chuck Yeager more than Biggles.

Archived