2013 NFL Redesign

GriffinM6

I wanted to do something like this for a long time, and now since I have become pretty good with photoshop, I decided it was time to make my NFL redesign. I started this back in the last week of December and decided to post the first few teams I finished now.

First team:

Arizona Cardinals: I wanted to throw back to a more simplified look. I looked at some of the old uniform aspects, and used them. I kept the number font, because I like it IMO and it gives the uniforms a bit of a modern flair.

cardinalshome.png

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I might try that Philsphan.

Anyway onto the next team.

Cincinnati Bengals: The uniforms they have now are a mess. I do like the idea of the tigers stripes on the sleeves though. So I kept that, but simplified the stripes and also gave them a bit of a claw mark feel too. Orange is also the primary color on this set, because tigers are orange, not black. I also kept the classic helmet.

Home

bengalshome.png

Home Option 2

bengalshome2.png

Away

bengalsaway.png

Away Option 2

bengalsaway2.png

Alternate

bengalsalternate.png

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Cardinals - thats solid work all around. but if you dont like the toilet-seat collars that are out there now, then this design would be horrible with 2 colors. if you're ok with that look then by all means keep it. i think a solid collar is the way to go here if you want the flywire, or do like the Pats and Texans and ditch the flywire on the collar to complete your design. the cuffs of thee jersey are a bit odd too because the black stripe dosent wrap like the red part does. i think you can extend it a little more and Nike would actually be able to manufacture it

Bengals - the jersey is close to a concept i have done myself, so i think the shoulders are done pretty well. its the type that really brings this down. forget about that cheap number font, use a standard one or what they have now and make that outer stroke a good bit bolder. no way that works as a nameplate, those letters are too thick and wide. imagine a name like Houshmenzadeh in that. the pants stripe needs work too, those stripes are going crazy. the ones on the helmet and jersey follow the lines of the helmet/shoulder and have a nice flow. the pants stripes are twisting around awkwardly. look at the current uniform again and see how well they're done there. the motion/flow going up and the background thickening on top as the leg gets larger.

nfl_u_green_ellis_d1_300.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived