2013 Texas Tech Helmet Concept

satansgoalie

So, I'm originally from Lubbock, TX. I've always been a fan of the Red Raiders. I especially love the Double T logo. However, I really like this secondary mark. So much in fact that I think it would make a better helmet design. I haven't worked up a back view yet. Maybe I'll get around to that eventually...

For the record, I didn't design this logo. I just tweaked it a bit to make it look good on a helmet.

2mi40zp.jpg

Yeah, the logo already commands a lot of attention because of the motion it creates.

If you REALLY want to add something to the helmet, keep it simple, just maybe a single stripe or a facemask color. I wouldn't chrome it up or go Full-Oregon with it.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

As a current Tech student I can vouch for that logo, it's my favorite of all of them. But I don't think it conveys Texas Tech as strongly as the double T.

Though I wouldnt mind seeing it on the white alternate helmet we use, which isn't really vital to the set imo

Midway.png

As a current Tech student I can vouch for that logo, it's my favorite of all of them. But I don't think it conveys Texas Tech as strongly as the double T.

Though I wouldnt mind seeing it on the white alternate helmet we use, which isn't really vital to the set imo

Yeah, I wasn't thinking this should be a replacement but just an alternate, ya know, for special games and stuff... but NOT on a white helmet. I hate the white helmet LOL. That was probably my biggest complaint about old Tubbs. We hadn't worn a white helmet in 40 something years and he decided to bring it back. But I will say this, I'm sure glad they're getting rid of the helmet with the glitter on it. The matte black will look sharp.

I believe they were chrome no? I have a picture on my phone and both helmets look pretty glossy to me.

My friends and I have a strange attachment to the glittery helmets. They were part of a big chapter in Texas Tech football as tacky as they may have looked at times.

Btw I've been looking for the font to that wordmark to see what the numerals look like. I get that the school was trying to replicate that style with the current numbers but I think they missed the mark. I know it's a stylized serpentine but I dont know if you used an actual font to write that out or if its just a vector graphic

Midway.png

I believe they were chrome no? I have a picture on my phone and both helmets look pretty glossy to me.

My friends and I have a strange attachment to the glittery helmets. They were part of a big chapter in Texas Tech football as tacky as they may have looked at times.

Btw I've been looking for the font to that wordmark to see what the numerals look like. I get that the school was trying to replicate that style with the current numbers but I think they missed the mark. I know it's a stylized serpentine but I dont know if you used an actual font to write that out or if its just a vector graphic

No, they've never worn chrome.

As far as the typeface, it's a custom set. Tech had only been using the characters that make up their wordmark. A guy I work with here at Old Hat took what Tech was already using and finished out the alphabet. He also created the numbers and punctuation. However, I don't believe that the numbers that appear on the current jersey use this typeface. i want to say what is on there now is closer the Dispatch or something similar.

Archived