New WWE Title

Jt0323

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just use something like this and be done with it forever.

wwe%2Bold%2Bschool.png

Since it seems like the WWE may be moving away from a Cena dominated product they may not want to use that logo as it was associated with the Cena "Word Life" gimmick.

$(KGrHqVHJBEFEKzNvYWiBRECi-1F-g~~60_12.JPG

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Why don't they incorporate the WWE Network logo into everything. It's a great mix of everything you guys are talking about. Modernized scratch logo, no "e", and it flows well. As far as that logo is concerned if they did something else with the red underline/swoosh, even that would be better. Just my two cents.

UniJ

Why don't they incorporate the WWE Network logo into everything. It's a great mix of everything you guys are talking about. Modernized scratch logo, no "e", and it flows well. As far as that logo is concerned if they did something else with the red underline/swoosh, even that would be better. Just my two cents.

UniJ

Gotta disagree with this. The W's look completely disfigured. It looks like a bad concept that an amateur designed.

The only thing I like about the design is the red swoosh...

wwe-network-logo_crop_340x234_crop_exact.jpgwwe-network-logo_crop_340x234_crop_exact.jpgWWE_Network_logo_large.jpg

wwe%2Bold%2Bschool.png

Dat gradient though...I thought we agreed that gradients are never a good idea for design?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's a short article about the new title. Prototype images will be revealed in the coming weeks.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

wwe%2Bold%2Bschool.png

Dat gradient though...I thought we agreed that gradients are never a good idea for design?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's a short article about the new title. Prototype images will be revealed in the coming weeks.

yeah me no like gradients either they should stay in the 80's where they belong.

That's why I said "Something like this" and not "this." Just keep the basic shape and lose the goofy crap. Forget trying to implement an E.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

When they announced the WWE Network, I was totally ready for that to become the new company logo. It seemed like a natural evolution of their logos to me.

3hH51tA.png

To me, it just fits how I see the product these days. Imagine it on the WWE Championship, I personally think it would be good.

bSLCtu2.png

When they announced the WWE Network, I was totally ready for that to become the new company logo. It seemed like a natural evolution of their logos to me.

3hH51tA.png

To me, it just fits how I see the product these days. Imagine it on the WWE Championship, I personally think it would be good.

To me, it looks like a rejected logo concept from an 80s Heavy Metal band.

It would be less bad if the shapes of the W's were better.

WWE Senior Vice President of Creative, Stan Stanski was in charge of the project, and told WWE.com:

Our idea was never to take a step back or do something predictable or expected. We wanted to evolve the brand and create something that’s never been done before. You don’t always know what a traditional title might represent. We wanted you to know immediately that this was the WWE Championship.”

To paraphrase SF Debris, well we've abandoned predictable for complete randomness instead.

I mean I don't hate the new design. It's definitely better then the Spinner, but the design hasn't really grown on me since I first saw it. A net improvement, but still not what they should have gone with.

There's really no doing backwards in life. Look at cars - the 80s Camry was tiny compared to each subsequent version. There is no way the next model would ever go back to being the same size as one of those earlier ones. Same with other cars and products in general.

Even new retro uniforms are still the same materials and tech as whatever is the current issue, it's just old-style graphics applied.

The "classic" IC belt that they brought back is really just a different shape / design from the Rock IC belt that it replaced. Nothing obviously new tech wise.

Now, you have the spinner, which introduced the super thick plate and the gaudy gems all over it, and the big W, which carried both of those trends over to a more traditional design, albeit with a cut-out main plate which I believe is a first.

Subsequent titles will almost certainly take these elements to the next level - not abandon them. You'll see the "diamonds" and other gems, more intricate cut outs, and maybe even insanely thick 50 lb plates. Any belt without diamonds on it will seem "cheap" or old next to this one, even if the design is better or more classy.

It's less a belt than it is a king's crown, just for the waist.

As for the $50k they spent, it looks like they got exactly what they wanted, so if it accomplishes they're goal, that will seem like a bargain.

I need to see it more before passing full judgement, but I don't think I'll really come to like it, due to its shape and lack of globe or eagle. I'll eventually come to accept that simple metal isn't enough anymore and gems are the new norm, and maybe then I'll appreciate it more.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

WWE Senior Vice President of Creative, Stan Stanski was in charge of the project, and told WWE.com:

Wasn't one of Ryback's jobbers called Stan Stanski? Makes sense now.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It almost looks like the logo isn't really cut out, just that pieces of leather are inserted into the gaps. I think if the tooling was different tn the negative space (ie no borders, just the crinkle effect) it'd look more like a true cut out.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 1 month later...

10_WWE-TITLE-SKETCHES-6.jpg

Jesus Christ...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived