Yakball International

MDGP

I don't love the grey (or the gradient) in the Canada logo, I feel as if straight white would help visibility. Other than that, Canada looks great.

I agree about the grey on the crest, truthfully, I'm not really a fan of the Canada crest in general, I wanted to go in a different direction, but lost my patience and just slapped a Yakball in there.

That logo pretty much made me realize that I really didn't have much of an interest in doing this series anymore. I love doing the uniforms, but I'm not really great at making crests, nor do I particularly enjoy doing it. On top of that, I have other projects that I really want to get going, so I'm gonna concentrate on those.

As one last thank you to all of you who commented and critiqued these concepts, I've added the images for teams whose kits I've completed, but not the crests. No presentation style to these, just the concepts themselves.

Argentina

To me, Argentina just looks right with the iconic blue and white stripes, so I wanted to give Yakball that look. However, I tried to give it a bit of flair. The stripes are "dirty" and are meant to fall in the vein of something that Adidas would design (Think Zubaz, but not as visually terrible). The uniform also features gold piping and blue sleeves. The shorts are white.

The change kit is navy blue and features a kind of angled, checkered chest stripe contained within gold piping that is light blue. The shorts are light blue and feature a similar checkered striping in navy.

ArgentinaYakball_zpsaff02d8b.png

Croatia

Another situation where a team needed to keep a signature look. Croatia has to have the red-white checkered look. The numbers and names are blue and contained in a white rectangle outlined in gold, making the numbers actually legible. The shorts, as on the clash uniforms, are blue and feature a checkered striping outlined in gold.

The clash kit is blue, maintaining two rows of checkers, bordered by gold stripes. The stripe is interrupted by the numbers, which are surrounded by a blue rectangle. The chest stripe is also seen on the sleeves.

CroatiaYakball_zpsf45951ed.png

USA

The US home kits are, like Germany's home kits, based on the 1936 Berlin Olympics track uniforms (Before you freak out... Yes, I understand that the Germans were Nazis and Germany would never "honor" the Nazis in a uniform. But hey, those track uniforms were really nice, and I thought a similar design would look nice. It was strictly a design thing, I completely ignored politics on that one).

Anyways... The US kit is based on the iconic uniform, most recognized as being worn by Jesse Owens. I was originally going with something different, but I love the look and figured that clean and classy was a way to go for the US.

The clash kits are a different story. These are navy and feature red and white striped sleeves. The shorts are also navy and feature the striping as well. Something to note, the sleeves have 7 stripes and the shorts have 6, equalling 13 stripes in total.

USYakball_zpse281cdaf.png

Mexico

I wanted to do something more modern for Mexico, so I went with piping on a green uniform. Simply, I went with a half split red-white piping design with red in front and white in back. The collar features a half and half stripe as well. The numbers utilize a style that Nike has enjoyed utilizing, featuring a design/pattern inside the numbers. These numbers feature stripes, making the numbers a green-silver color. The name is a dark grey. The shorts feature the split piping design as well, and features the sublimation seen on the numbers between the piping.

The clash kits implement dark grey because I figured Nike wouldn't be able to resist using it on somebody. The sash is a stylized version of the Mexican flag (not featuring the crest seen on the flag). The sash is broken up into separate stripes, something that wouldn't be very noticeable from afar. The number in the sash is grey. The back features the same pattern as seen on the home uniforms, making the numbers silver from afar. The names are green.

MexicoYakball_zpsbf20bff5.png

Australia

This is probably my favorite design of the whole bunch. I truthfully don't know how the design came about. The striping pattern is dark on the outside and white on the inside, also including connecting shoulder stripes where the colors change. The torso features the same stripe pattern underneath the number. The shorts also feature the dark-white-dark pattern. The home kit is yellow with a green-white-green and solid green numbers/name, with green shorts and a yellow-white-yellow stripe scheme. The clash kits are navy and feature a yellow-white-yellow scheme on the jersey and shorts with white numbers and yellow names.

YakballAustralia_zps01166d9c.png

Once again, sorry I didn't include any crests, I really couldn't focus on doing them anymore. Despite that I'm finished with this series and have no plans to update these, I'd still love to hear what you guys think.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Aw, too bad, but I totally understand. This was an awesome series and I'm glad you posted the last five.

Argentina and Croatia: great, classic version on the primary kits. With the away kits, I might have gone a different direction, but what you came up with was still cool.

USA: again, awesome primary option. I wish the USMNT would do something like that.

Mexico: my favorite that you've done. The clash kits are especially cool and shows how gray can work.thebest part though is the green, white and red sash.

Australia: Eh... I would color in the shoulder stripes all the way across, what you have currently just seems to boxy to me.

Overall, awesome series. Thanks for posting it.

Archived