Sign in to follow this  
kevinjohnpost

Hartford Whalers Concept and Timelapse

Being from Connecticut, I would love to see Whalers come back. This is what I would like them to look like if they did come back.

(Large Image, Sorry)

14n1t93.jpg

Love those breezer stripes but I'd place them above the cut.

Unfortunately the two sweaters look like they'd have different counterparts from what you've posted and the primary green color seems to take a backseat to the navy on the away. I'd look back at how to connect those elements more effectively if you're looking to make revisions

That timelapse was great. Now, when someone new comes onto the board and asks "How do you do this?" or "Can you make a league's worth of logos and jerseys for me?", I can link them to this video so they can see exactly what's involved.

Gotta be honest, looks like a recolored Blackhawks jersey to me. The stripes are too similar. Anyway you could mix it up a little bit? Revisit their past stripes more?

@darkpiranha Thanks!

@wILL-INI I agree. They are similar. But I think they are different enough to be acceptable. For example, take a look at Pittsburgh and Ottawa. Pretty much the same jersey.

@monkeypower Paint.net It's great for making paint concepts. Personally my favorite. Also if you're having trouble using it, HJC posted some tutorials on how to use it. Here is the tutorials.

Pittsburgh and Ottawa are not a good example to go by lol they're both victims of the Edge transition so I believe that what they have at the moment is dar from what they'd ideally want. Especially if the fanbases push for a change. Nonetheless I agree with Will-ini that some deviation from the Hawks style would help this concept become something of its own. Perhaps incorporating silver or extending the white onto the sleeve cuffs, there are myriads of possibilities to go with this rather than what we already expect to see

That's probably THE best Whalers concept I've seen. Love the use of blue on the shoulder and green on the road jersey especially. Overall, it looks classy, rich and balanced!

I love these! The only thing I would change would be to make the pants blue, but other than that, the jerseys are sweet!