Possible PG Cougars relocation...

kiwi_canadian

I don't know about the lease. I read the small blurb about all this in the Edmonton Journal and there was talk that Kelly Hrudy and his group who owns the Clippers might be interested in getting the WHL back to Nanaimo... As for keeping the name, I'd support that. The Clippers name has a lot of history behind it, more than the Islanders name. The original Victoria Cougars moved from the BCHL to the WHL and kept the name... Plus Reebok wouldn't have to make a new jersey as they are already using Edge jerseys.

The only problem with moving the Cougs to Nanaimo is that we don't have a facility up to WHL standards. Lots of rumours over the years with land being assembled, and such...as with many things "Nanaimo", I'll believe it when I can sit in it and watch a game!

I can haz sig?

Here's a crazy thought. Move the team to Sacramento, give the people there something to cheer for. Also, it makes inroads (in the recruiting war vs. the NCAA) for the rapidly growing player base in the state of California. Teams can either play two games there at a time to make the trip worthwhile for visitors (like the AHL and QMJHL have done in St. John's) or add a second team in Northern/Central California that teams can bus between while there (flying in and out of California itself).

Here's a crazy thought. Move the team to Sacramento, give the people there something to cheer for. Also, it makes inroads (in the recruiting war vs. the NCAA) for the rapidly growing player base in the state of California. Teams can either play two games there at a time to make the trip worthwhile for visitors (like the AHL and QMJHL have done in St. John's) or add a second team in Northern/Central California that teams can bus between while there (flying in and out of California itself).

Is there a rink in Sac the team could play in? You'd almost have to do San Francisco (i.e. Cow Palace) if you're going to do hockey in NoCal.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

No way, no how would that ever fly. No way teams from Sask and Manitoba ever agree to drive to Sacramento on a road trip. Also teams can't/won't fly.

Archived