My Take On Miami Dolphin's New Logo!

imaprince

I like it, though I agree the side stripe is weird. I see what you're trying to do with it, but it still looks odd. At the same time, if you remove it, this logo wil look a lot like their current one.

Thanks, appreciate it, I could work something out with the side water splash yet it's already been sent off to the Miami Dolphin's sooo I guess I'll have to wait to make any other changes.

Also the body of the dolphin isn't going to change just what's inside it from CEO Mike Dee.

I hadn't heard that yet, any chance you have a quote to confirm it?

"Overwhelming, Dee said, fans expressed displeasure with the current logo, preferring something more along the lines of the 1960s and 1970s logos, rather than the 1997 "cartoon" logo the team currently uses."

“We’re going to have one eye on the history and the tradition,” Dee said. “This is not going to be a change from the Tampa Bay orange to the pewter gray that they did. This is going to be, if we do it, much more subtle than that. I think you’ll see our color scheme stay the same. I think you’ll see the basic elements of the logo, with the sunburst and the dolphin, remain the same.”

"Dee explained that the logo change "in some peoples' eyes will be slight, and in other peoples' eyes, will probably be more significant." He continued to explain, "The fundamental components of the logo won't change: the sun, the dolphin. There's going to be a look back at history, in terms of some of the elements of it, and a look ahead at the future in terms of others."

There ya go!

I did not read that as "they will literally stay the same." I read that as, "the logo will still have a sun and dolphin as it's always had."

Also, your concepts are equally susceptible to both criticism and praise. If you're expecting nothing but accolades, you're only inviting more people to give you more negative feedback.

Midway.png

I like it, though I agree the side stripe is weird. I see what you're trying to do with it, but it still looks odd. At the same time, if you remove it, this logo wil look a lot like their current one.

Thanks, appreciate it, I could work something out with the side water splash yet it's already been sent off to the Miami Dolphin's sooo I guess I'll have to wait to make any other changes.

Also the body of the dolphin isn't going to change just what's inside it from CEO Mike Dee.

"Overwhelming, Dee said, fans expressed displeasure with the current logo, preferring something more along the lines of the 1960s and 1970s logos, rather than the 1997 "cartoon" logo the team currently uses."

“We’re going to have one eye on the history and the tradition,” Dee said. “This is not going to be a change from the Tampa Bay orange to the pewter gray that they did. This is going to be, if we do it, much more subtle than that. I think you’ll see our color scheme stay the same. I think you’ll see the basic elements of the logo, with the sunburst and the dolphin, remain the same.”

"Dee explained that the logo change "in some peoples' eyes will be slight, and in other peoples' eyes, will probably be more significant." He continued to explain, "The fundamental components of the logo won't change: the sun, the dolphin. There's going to be a look back at history, in terms of some of the elements of it, and a look ahead at the future in terms of others."

There ya go!

Like was said, all that suggests is that the dolphin and the sun are staying.

I think the sun from the "leaked" logo is a possibility as a traditional yet modern touch. What happens with the dolphin is to be seen. I don't know if they'll actually go so far as to change its posture significantly, but that would be something that could lead to a "modern" touch.

There ya go!

Like was said, all that suggests is that the dolphin and the sun are staying.

I think the sun from the "leaked" logo is a possibility as a traditional yet modern touch. What happens with the dolphin is to be seen. I don't know if they'll actually go so far as to change its posture significantly, but that would be something that could lead to a "modern" touch.

This Dolphin was up before they took it down

4190d1357937846-miami-dolphins-new-logo-photo0143.jpg

It looks like a logo that was run through auto trace. Too many colors, and really inconsistent shapes/line work. I would work on refining and simplifying it some more if you're actually interested in improving it, rather than defending it.

Put it this way: if this logo came out as the "new" one, this board would rip it to shreds. It needs a lot of work as it is right now.

To be honest, in my opinion, I think with your combination of old and new you took the worst of both worlds.

I like in the old logo that it only had 2 colors and in some ways was simpler. I like the new logo that it's cleaner (doesn't have all those white blobs--water splashes?), more streamlined, and doesn't look like an 8-year old drew it with a crayon. The new sunburst is also better.

Unfortunately, your version keeps the unnecessary navy blue and all those weird color splashes/blobs/lines. And you used the lesser sunburst.

Besides that, your rendering is fine. Just I don't prefer your choices.

Archived