Logos/Uniforms Gone Too Soon

BlackBolt3

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have liked to see this used more often. Maybe on the black alts the Marlins wore from 03-11.

ckhvh2kef8ignswrgxssk6jw3.gif

YES! I totally agree. It would have been a nice choice for when they switched to the Miami Marlins. That being said, I actually think the new look has really grown on me. I wasn't convinced about the use of orange at first but now I believe that it certainly works.

Both of these were fantastic logos, and it's a shame they only lasted a combined 14 years:

3102.gif98256e6rrugp88puehfylgn2k.gif

This would have been one of my favourite cap logos in all of MLB if they removed the gradient. Shame it only lasted a year:

tew9qo7fxijh5xq8fgi0thhda.gif

I dont follow hockey, but I can't believe the Penguins went from that beautiful 90s logo to that crappy anthropomorphic penguin logo they used back in the 60s.

As a Miami Dolphins fan, 60s era logo design is the bane of my existence with their crappy anthropomorphic animals wearing sporting equipment motif.

I don't know why this logo got so much hate

191px-Calgary_Flames_horse_head_logo.svg.png

I loved this logo.

That logo is great.

I think the Nats had a fantastic design with the interlocking DC. Not sure why that was not utilized more.

Washington_Nationals3.jpg?type=w3

Was never a fan of the DC with the flag inside of it. I thought that was a little overkill.

At the time, I loved the general look of both the Calgary Flaming horse jerseys and the Bruins Poo Bear yellows that I failed to notice how poorly the logos themselves were rendered. I think they could both be great candidates for re-dos with better graphics. The Calgary horse in particular is a lot worse than I had remembered it.

Anyways, as for logos that disappeared too soon, nothing beats the Isle's Fisherman logo. It's simply vastly superior to the ugliness that is the NYI original.

At the time, I loved the general look of both the Calgary Flaming horse jerseys and the Bruins Poo Bear yellows that I failed to notice how poorly the logos themselves were rendered. I think they could both be great candidates for re-dos with better graphics. The Calgary horse in particular is a lot worse than I had remembered it.

Anyways, as for logos that disappeared too soon, nothing beats the Isle's Fisherman logo. It's simply vastly superior to the ugliness that is the NYI original.

When the Isles introduced the Gordon fisherman jerseys, I thought "cool". But now the more I look at that logo, I scratch my head saying ???. Now the jerseys themselves, with the waves are cool. Eventhough The Hockey News rated them one of the Top 10 worst jerseys of all-time.

When the Isles introduced the Gordon fisherman jerseys, I thought "cool". But now the more I look at that logo, I scratch my head saying ???. Now the jerseys themselves, with the waves are cool. Eventhough The Hockey News rated them one of the Top 10 worst jerseys of all-time.

They're one of the most discussed uniforms in the history of these boards so what I'm about to add isn't a new opinion. The fisherman logos (losing the lighthouse secondary is the real tragedy) and the jersey and the wavy numbers were genius and they looked pretty cool, but they were introduced for a team only twelve years after having one of the most dominating runs in NHL history. If they were worn by a 1995 expansion team they definitely would've lasted longer than they did.

They're one of the most discussed uniforms in the history of these boards so what I'm about to add isn't a new opinion. The fisherman logos (losing the lighthouse secondary is the real tragedy) and the jersey and the wavy numbers were genius and they looked pretty cool, but they were introduced for a team only twelve years after having one of the most dominating runs in NHL history. If they were worn by a 1995 expansion team they definitely would've lasted longer than they did.

The idea behind the jersey actually wasn't too bad, but like you said, the fact that it was such a drastic departure from their 80s look really killed. Had they kept the colour scheme, used a conservative striping pattern, and used the lighthouse logo (among a few other small changes), it would've made a fantastic third jersey.

The idea behind the jersey actually wasn't too bad, but like you said, the fact that it was such a drastic departure from their 80s look really killed. Had they kept the colour scheme, used a conservative striping pattern, and used the lighthouse logo (among a few other small changes), it would've made a fantastic third jersey.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Archived