Logos/Uniforms Gone Too Soon

BlackBolt3

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I get the love for the Germanic look, though. Then again, some of you like the ball-in-glove. *shrug*

Yeah, people have opinions. :P

But if there's one Brewers logo gone too soon, it's this guy:

bbm_sleevepatch.png

Mascot logos are the best.

Yeah, for the minor leagues.

v2cs63mhao1kv2mfu2ybjr4fp.gif

This should have stuck around in some form, even in the minor leagues.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

What does the Boston Bruins logo have to do with bears?

bruins-logo-300x190.gif

What does the Cowboys logo have to do with ranchers or rodeo riders?

CowboyJoe.jpg

Who cares if the BiG is just a clever way to display that the teams initials are MB and they play baseball?

I care, since they'd be ditching an identity that actually relates to the team name in favor of a very generic (and poor) logo and look.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm also lamenting not having picked up a Moose jersey. Those things were beautiful.

They still sell them in the clearance section of the AHL online store.

Quick Shots:

• I've never liked the Brewer's Germanic set, but I've really warmed up to it recently. Indeed, those were some nice threads
  • Unpopular Opinion: I actually quite like the Cubs' "Dumpster Bear"
  • Re: Mascot logos. They're terrible as primaries, but they make great sleeve patches. The barrel man and swinging friar are two great examples of this

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm also lamenting not having picked up a Moose jersey. Those things were beautiful.

They still sell them in the clearance section of the AHL online store.

http://www.ahlstore.com/clearance/reebok-manitoba-moose-premier-away-jersey-2010-11.html

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I was actually thinking the pre-Edge versions. The edge versions are actually kinda awful, even if the logo's still gorgeous.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Loved the Clippers. Unique look and colors.

1978-79+Fleer+Clippers.jpg

absolutely LOVE that clipper logo for some reason. The colors are fantastic too. They should at least create an alt uni based on this logo.

Mocked this up years ago based on the colors. Rough and would do it differently today but still think it's worth considering.

CLIPPERSUNI.jpg

Loved the Clippers. Unique look and colors.

1978-79+Fleer+Clippers.jpg

absolutely LOVE that clipper logo for some reason. The colors are fantastic too. They should at least create an alt uni based on this logo.

Mocked this up years ago based on the colors. Rough and would do it differently today but still think it's worth considering.

CLIPPERSUNI.jpg

Yo may have something there...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

The best alternate logo in the NBA from the 2000s (so good that its in my sig). They got rid of it when the Brooklyn talks started to get serious, and when the Nets got their red jerseys.

new-jersey-nets-alternate-logo-primary.jpg

ighkqdigf0vglskm379fst8bl.gif

Just to add to that era of Nets basketball, probably the one grey jersey I've seen that wasn't that bad. With the blue font it looked hideous, but once they brought in the white it did for a pretty good combination of colors in my opinion. To me its almost the perfect third jersey for them. I wouldn't want to see this on the floor every night, but once a week or so, I don't mind it. I also like the fact that it says New Jersey. I not a fan of away jerseys that have the team nickname on it. I think the road jersey should identify where your from, just like I think its redundant to put the name of the city on your home jersey. The people at the game know where they are. I can figure out on my own that the Mavericks are from Dallas, or that the Knicks are from New York just by seeing all the memorabilia around the arena.

I'll never know what got into the Nets around 2005, 2006. For whatever reason they decided they could break up that Jason Kidd/Vince Carter/Richard Jefferson team up fast enough and I coincide the death of this jersey with the death of that team. No idea why they broke the team up, no idea why they ditched the jersey, no idea why they added the red jersey and even less of an idea why they decided to just drop the blue jersey altogether.

I thought it was one of the more underrated looks in NBA history.

Archived