Rumor - Mariners going to creme colored unis?

larrypep

I don't have my colored pencils right in front of me, so I'm having to use my mind's eye for this...but what if the Mariners were to utilize a richer version of the former Seahawk blue (read: same tone, just not as drab) paired with the more emerald-ish shade of [turquiose? Teal? CWx?] the Vancouver Grizzlies used to utilize as their base? It'd still hold true to blue and green, just in a different way. At the very least, it'd mean one less navy-clad MLB team. They can even mix in some metallic gold if they wish, in place of the current silver.

(That said, I'm also expecting a crop of Mariners concepts to show up over in the othet forum in the coming days...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have my colored pencils right in front of me, so I'm having to use my mind's eye for this...but what if the Mariners were to utilize a richer version of the former Seahawk blue (read: same tone, just not as drab) paired with the more emerald-ish shade of [turquiose? Teal? CWx?] the Vancouver Grizzlies used to utilize as their base? It'd still hold true to blue and green, just in a different way. At the very least, it'd mean one less navy-clad MLB team. They can even mix in some metallic gold if they wish, in place of the current silver.

(That said, I'm also expecting a crop of Mariners concepts to show up over in the othet forum in the coming days...)

Sounds really garish to me.

• 9 months later...

According to Ebbets Field Flannels' Facebook post, EFF is doing some "informal consulting" with the team and the M's are planning to incorporate creme colored uniforms for home. They (EFF) are also trying to push for old gold instead of teal as a secondary color.

Time to bump. Mariners radio voice Rick Rizzs mentioned during Saturday's game against the Twins, who happened to be wearing their archaic cream garbage uniforms, that the Mariners were considering wearing cream uniforms for Sunday home games. Rizzs is a good guy, but he is in his sixties now. Baseball already has that demo. Baseball needs younger viewers. It needs more viewers period. Cream is not the way to accomplish that. Time to revolt I guess. Teams are taking the "old' in old ballgame, much too literally.

According to Ebbets Field Flannels' Facebook post, EFF is doing some "informal consulting" with the team and the M's are planning to incorporate creme colored uniforms for home. They (EFF) are also trying to push for old gold instead of teal as a secondary color.

Time to bump. Mariners radio voice Rick Rizzs mentioned during Saturday's game against the Twins, who happened to be wearing their archaic cream garbage uniforms, that the Mariners were considering wearing cream uniforms for Sunday home games. Rizzs is a good guy, but he is in his sixties now. Baseball already has that demo. Baseball needs younger viewers. It needs more viewers period. Cream is not the way to accomplish that. Time to revolt I guess. Teams are taking the "old' in old ballgame, much too literally.
I'm nearly seventeen, and I know pullovers aren't the way to go. I was so excited when I was thirteen that my parks and rec baseball "jersey" had buttons (even though it was only two buttons, but still). The reason my generation isn't watching as much baseball is not because of the uniforms, it's the pace of the game. Basketball and football, even hockey are faster paced games. I actually like cream, but it is being overused now. The Giants did it well, but for teams like the Braves (my favorite team) it is unnecessary, although I think it looks nice, it's still not really necessary. Oh and Phantom, next time you message me, please make it worth my time, instead of whatever the hell you said in that short sentence like "nothing to see here".

52197-picard-double-facepalm-gif-Img-nP5

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

52197-picard-double-facepalm-gif-Img-nP5

Such a contradiction -- you say going back to 'cream' jerseys is old but going back to pullovers and pj pants isn't? Because the 70/80s IMHO are a long time ago. You say the game needs more 'younger' viewers... 1) Where is your information supporting that? Do you think kids would be playing youth baseball if they weren't interested in the game? So getting a 'younger' audience is needed (unless you think they should try and get 1-2 yr olds interested in the game? lol 2) The game has been around way longer than anyone else on this boards, and will be around way after we all are gone -- not wearing cream and going to pullovers isn't going to make the game 'more watchable'... If you actually meet someone, just one person, who honestly says "I don't watch baseball because they wear button-up uniforms", I'd be amazed. You can troll all you want, but when you contradict yourself by saying that statement, pullovers are old, baseball has had "that demo".

/rant

*guts phantomdreamer with a trident*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

*guts phantomdreamer with a compass rose*

Figured this would be more appropriate.

Thankfully the Mariners never followed through with this as of this date. They have been navy and "northwest green" (as they call their particular shade of teal) longer than they have been royal blue and yellow (its yellow, not "athletic gold". Lets stop pretending its something other than what it is).

Not to mention, that they only finished above .500 once in the royal blue and yellow, and that was the M's in baseball look that didnt utilize the trident. The most significant moments in the franchise's history happened during the current navy and teal compass rose era, not to mention that the club's most well known stars such as Ken Griffey Jr, Edgar Martinez, Randy Johnson, right up to Ichiro and now Felix Hernandez have worn the current colors for the bulk of their careers.

Why any sensible fan of that team would want them to revert back to a look that is not only aesthetically inferior to the current set, but is now synonymous with the worst era of that team's history, is beyond comprehension.

been royal blue and yellow (its yellow, not "athletic gold". Lets stop pretending its something other than what it is).

How are we pretending? Are you aware of the difference between gold and yellow? Gold and metallic/Vegas/old golds? "Athletic" gold is basically just gold, but for the most part is designated as athletic due to the prevalence of metallic gold in sports, at least that's how I see it.

been royal blue and yellow (its yellow, not "athletic gold". Lets stop pretending its something other than what it is).

How are we pretending? Are you aware of the difference between gold and yellow? Gold and metallic/Vegas/old golds? "Athletic" gold is basically just gold, but for the most part is designated as athletic due to the prevalence of metallic gold in sports, at least that's how I see it.

When I see the term "gold" I associate it with metallics such as the old/anitque/vegas/49er gold. Calling yellow "athletic gold" to me is akin to calling gray "athletic silver". At least, that's how I see it.

When I see the term "gold" I associate it with metallics such as the old/anitque/vegas/49er gold. Calling yellow "athletic gold" to me is akin to calling gray "athletic silver". At least, that's how I see it.
Those are metallic golds. Actual straight gold is what's usually deemed athletic gold. Yellow may look similar but has a much different/lighter hue to it.

I have always been under the impression that all golds are metallic. Any form of gold that is not metallic is yellow. In fact, the description of actual gold ore I believe is that of a "lusterous yellow metal" From what I gather, gold is metallic yellow. Not metallic? Well, then its yellow. It might have a different hue, but its still yellow.

Either way, the Mariners look better without it.

Thank you, ill. You beat me to it.

I have always been under the impression that all golds are metallic. Any form of gold that is not metallic is yellow.

Not traditionally, no. "Gold" the color refers to a shade between yellow and orange. You see it in heraldry and vexillology. In uniform design terms, it's also called "athletic gold" to distinguish itself from the metallic shades.

Similar, but not the same color. Athletic gold is to yellow as teal is to light blue.

arguments over colors names are always idiotic.

there is no right or wrong answer, as there are countless shades of teal that some people call aqua, teal, light blue, or pacific-emerald-topaz. none of it matters. a rose by any other name, etc.

gold is an equally vague term that can refer to anything from the boston bruins' socks, to the penguin's sand, to the saints khaki pants, or the old dallas stars "baby poo". the 49ers have 'gold' helmets and 'gold' pants, that look nothing like each other. same for notre dame.

they're gold because they call it gold. to disagree is just like... your opinion, man.

Archived