Rumor - Mariners going to creme colored unis?

larrypep

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I shall call you Fartsmith VonPoopypants. No amount of postings under your actual screen name shall convince me otherwise.

I love this. Fartsmith VonPoopypants it is.

Athletic Gold = YELLOW

End of discussion.

You thought this brilliant contribution would "end the discussion"? Now that's funny.

No just speaking the truth. I have no idea as to why a subset of sports uniform enthusiasts insist on making up a more masculine name for the color yellow. This should not even be up for debate as that 99.999% of the western world has even heard of the term athletic gold and simply refers to it as Yellow and in rare instances its slightly darker cousin Goldenrod.

If you insist on calling yellow athletic gold why stop there? There are other sissy colors out there that could uses a testosterone injection. Why not refer to pink as athletic red, gray as athletic silver, and columbia blue as athletic navy?

And I shall call you Fartsmith VonPoopypants. No amount of postings under your actual screen name shall convince me otherwise.

I love this. Fartsmith VonPoopypants it is.

Athletic Gold = YELLOW

End of discussion.

You thought this brilliant contribution would "end the discussion"? Now that's funny.

No just speaking the truth. I have no idea as to why a subset of sports uniform enthusiasts insist on making up a more masculine name for the color yellow. This should not even be up for debate as that 99.999% of the western world has even heard of the term athletic gold and simply refers to it as Yellow and in rare instances its slightly darker cousin Goldenrod.

If you insist on calling yellow athletic gold why stop there? There are other sissy colors out there that could uses a testosterone injection. Why not refer to pink as athletic red, gray as athletic silver, and columbia blue as athletic navy?

The Blue Wahoos call hot-pink "Rubin Red", which really annoys me. Just call it pink!

How long before we enter the proper pronunciation of these in the thread?

tomato2.jpggreek-potato.standard%20460x345.gif

Well now that you brought it up...

TOE-MAY-TOE, POE-TAY-TOE

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Given how much I loved playing with Crayola crayons as a kid, I always referred to "Athletic gold" as "Goldenrod," and that was a part of the "Yellow" grouping. "Gold" always looked dingy and rusty to me, so I lumped it in with the "Brown" group. :P

But anyway, it's just a sports color, it only bugs me when people start dropping the "Athletic" part and referring to it as just "Gold." That's not right. Back to the topic, though...the Mariners have no business using any combination of Blue and Yellow. While I like the trident, a team in the Pacific Northwest really should stick to cool colors, and little to no warm colors should be included.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I hope the Mariners stand pat. They look great as they are. One of the best in baseball IMO.

140401104658-robinson-cano-ap2-single-im

1396932716000-4-7-cano.jpg

robinsoncano_042214_blogcut.jpg?w=600&h=

robinsoncanoMariners.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'd prefer if they wore the teal brim cap for home games only and the all-navy cap for road games. I also wouldn't mind if the helmets at home had the teal brim as well. I agree, the Mariners currently have one of the best uni sets in baseball right now. Their teal (forest green) alts are one of my favorite jerseys in baseball.

Teal billed caps/helmets for all uniforms (home whites, teal alts & occasional navy alt) worn at home. All-navy caps/helmets worn for all uniforms on the road (road grays, navy alt & possibly occasional teal alt). That's the perfect Mariners look, with of course the navy alt matching up to the rest of the uniform set with either gray or teal piping (1999 Seattle navy alt had gray, but honestly either color could probably work).

Another possible amendment to this would be the teal crowned/navy billed caps being brought back as a home Sunday cap worn with the home whites. But even without it, they'd be one of the top looking teams in baseball.

I can agree with what most everyone is saying about the teal billed caps. However I would even take it a step further and say that all the jersey numbers should be the custom font used on the navy alternate.

No they should not. Those are horrible, 90's gimmicky looking. The basic baseball block numbers are what help make this set work across the years.

I disagree. They look fine, and would look even better in navy with a single teal outline. The double outline the numbers have on the current navy alternate perhaps makes them look tacky, but if it was simplified to a single outline those numbers would look a lot better. The Rangers by the way, manage to make basic MLB block look tacky, so custom number fonts and tackiness are not mutually exclusive.

Archived