Gupti's Jaguars 2013 Concepts (Scroll through for updates, 3/28)

Bathysphere

I'm painfully new here, so hear me out.

While browsing, I've seen multiple concepts for the Jaguar's new unis and, frankly, I've yet to see one I was really into (Too many prints for my taste). However, I decided that I ought not really open my mouth until I put my own contribution on the table, so I bring you 2013 new Jaguars Nike uniforms using HVF's Nike 51 Elite template.Basing off of the new secondary logo's paying tribute to the city's military heritage, I tried to make the unis innovative, but serious Since they were my favorite looks the Jags brought out last season, the home and away will be all-black and all-white respectively.

Here is the new home look. I gave them a pretty minimal motif based on thick, adjacent stripes (I know they kind of look like flags for flag football on the pants. Bear with me). While not directly related to the military, their usage seems to make me think of "army" and the like. While it was said they would be mostly black and gold with "little teal," I couldn't help but play with the numbers (I know, they're a bit small) a bit, which came out to be new Nike experimental color-shifting numbers that are consistent with the new team font. On the homers, they shift between teal and grey (a very Nike color) depending on lighting and perspective (think Oregon). The homer's socks complete the all-black look, though added are some gold stripes to cancel the "leotard" look.The cuffs and collar were kept black to keep with the overall seriousness and to avoid the "toilet seat" neck. Also, I kept the all-black helmet with the teal sparkle (no matte, chrome, or any of that :censored:) from the past few years because I still like the idea, though I'd like to see Nike make it better and more visible. And, of course, the bad-ass new shield logo will obligatorily go on the sleeves.

[kd4sog.png

The aways feature a black-and-white them, if anything, to almost form a concept that the colors belong at home. Not much else to say here except that the numbers now shift between black and grey. (Please excuse the unprofessional splotches. Long story.)

9vljl4.png

Here serves as a bit of a clarification on what the underarm/pants stripes ought to look like from a side view.

2gwt9a0.png

Since it was confirmed that there will always be a teal uni to be worn as a tradition for one game a year, I mock up an edition with a teal jersey. It is very much like the white unifrom save its teal base (reminiscient of the recent teal unis).

9lbggy.png

Of course, why should Nike stop at recolor? Why not every year rotate in a different or new version of the teal each year. They could introduce new throwbacks or Pro Combats each year.For simplisity's sake, I've started with a throwback. But I couldn't just go the easy way out. No, I threw all the way back.

I present to you the Jaguars first throwback: the 1993 Pre-franchise unis that never saw a game (or, as I like to call them, the "Lawsuits").

These come complete with the full 90's look that was proposed then scrapped over controversy with Jaguar motor company over the logo back when Jax was granted a franchise, featuring the Jaguar jumping across the shoulders, silver helmet and pants, and only one colored sleeve cuff. I couldn't necessarily find an aesthetically pleasing way around it without going full-Texan, so, for now, you get toilet seat collar. My condolences go out to those affected. (Reference: http://www.sportslog...vhxgf4q5ts53hvy)

etic11.png

If Jaguar still has a problem with it, then the helmet could easily be subbed with the one that GotPixels made that is the same but with the new Jag head logo.

C/C is appreciated (though time may restrict me from making small adjustments), though I'd really like to hear if you could really see these on a field, realistically buy one, or if it would even fit better on a different team.

Thank you for your kindness.

Numbers on back are too small.

I like it but there are some refinements that I would make like the pant stripes.

I really like the initial uniform design but you need to work on the helmet.

The Jaguar & the stripes should not touch.

Good start & good effort for your first concept.

Numbers on back are too small.

Understood. I kind of skimped on them a bit to emphasize the main element of the rib stripes, though I'll admit I went a bit far. I'd say we oughta play the imagonation game until I can really get on that.

I like it but there are some refinements that I would make like the pant stripes.

Like how?

Here are some of my original drawings if it clears any of that up (Not much is different except that the numbers are vastly different).

347b4ap.jpg

I really like the initial uniform design but you need to work on the helmet.

The Jaguar & the stripes should not touch.

If you mean the standard sparkly helm, like how? GotPixels made some pretty great concepts (see avatar), though I personally wouldn't use a gold one. Too gaudy (Coming form the guy whose numbers change color :P).

If you mean the throwback, what can I say? That's how it was in the reference shows it (http://www.sportslog...vhxgf4q5ts53hvy). The 90's had a lot of weird stuff after all.

Good start & good effort for your first concept.

Danke, meester. That's very much appreciated.

I think the biggest issue is the template you are using. You designed this on a 2-D template, so it might help to present it on one. I honestly prefer those to these 3-D ones, the 2-D give a more full perspective on the design itself.

I think the biggest issue is the template you are using. You designed this on a 2-D template, so it might help to present it on one. I honestly prefer those to these 3-D ones, the 2-D give a more full perspective on the design itself.

This x1,000. The concepts you've prepared in your sketches look like pretty decent ideas and with some effort can be turned into some great sets. But what you have on the 3-D template just looks messy and incomplete.

As far as critique for the general design; there just isn't enough teal here for me, especially in the away uniforms. The black and white look very plain and uninspiring.

This x1,000. The concepts you've prepared in your sketches look like pretty decent ideas and with some effort can be turned into some great sets. But what you have on the 3-D template just looks messy and incomplete.

As far as critique for the general design; there just isn't enough teal here for me, especially in the away uniforms. The black and white look very plain and uninspiring.

The more I look, the more you're right. I think I kinda got excited to flesh out my concept onto a 3d layout like above, though it seems I bit off a little more than I could chew with perspective and the like. I may try to get out some better 2d ones when I have the time.

As for the color, it has been said that the new unis are to be much more black and gold with little teal this year and, while I understand that my thoughts are not fully bound by the motives of the Jaguars organization, I did want to keep within the frame too get an idea of what the new jerseys could be like. As for the all-whites, while the 3d doesn't really do it justice in this regard, personally like the idea, myself. I, for one, liked the all-white look they went with at most road games last year (being mostly white with black accents and little teal to be seen. Not dumping the teal, just digging the look.), so I took inspiration from that. I thought it looked kinda of serious and would probably look better on the field. Maybe what I see as serious and no-nonsense-ish, you see as boring and unappealing. If not for opinion, we wouldn't have these boards.

What would you personally do? And anyone else?

Ok, per request and my own choice, I've redone the concepts on a 2D template, and I really think that it helps with the composition of the piece.

2ev9cvc.png

Little has been changed except that the Jag head is now on the pants because I think it adds an extra bit of identity and pop, and that I scrapped the shoulder-Nikes for the moment for convenience sake. Also, while the the home uni now appears grey, this was for the sake of making it look cleaner with the seams, so the actual design is still black. Also, since I'd anticipate the actual uni to be much darker, I doubt the numbers will get as lost as they do on the dark grey. What do you think?

Cannot put the Jag on the pants in real life because the NFL Logo goes there.

Just can't get behind the numbers with the gradients either.

Personal preference but if I was going to use stripes like that I would at least make them longer so it does not look incomplete to me they just look incomplete.

Cannot put the Jag on the pants in real life because the NFL Logo goes there.

Just can't get behind the numbers with the gradients either.

Personal preference but if I was going to use stripes like that I would at least make them longer so it does not look incomplete to me they just look incomplete.

The current Jags set has the head on the pants and I'd like to keep it, so I'm sure something could be arranged for it to be there.They're not static gradient, but color-changing (think about the recent Oregon endeavors), though I could understand why one would'nt be for something so uniform-ly liberal.I kind of see it, though making them longer on the jerseys would encroach on the numbers' space if one was to keep the descending theme, though I could see it being a good idea to lengthen the pants stripes.

Those numbers aren't legible.

I agree. I get what you are trying to accomplish, but even Oregon has an outline around their "color changing" numbers. I think if you put a gold outline on all jerseys, this would look great.

spacer.png

I like the concept a great deal; I think cleaning up a few elements would make this one of the better Jags ideas that has been on here:

1. Outline the numbers; a must. Perhaps gold or white, but they need an outline.

2. Not everything has to be symmetrical, but I'd make the jersey have the same amount of striping as the pants- go with three on each or two on each.

3. Perhaps to spice up the whites, put a teal outline or teal or gold stripes instead of black. Maybe even think about a teal shoulder stripes similar to the Titans. I know they are in the division, but you could abbreviate them to make them similar to epaulets on military uniforms.

I like the concept a great deal; I think cleaning up a few elements would make this one of the better Jags ideas that has been on here:

1. Outline the numbers; a must. Perhaps gold or white, but they need an outline.

2. Not everything has to be symmetrical, but I'd make the jersey have the same amount of striping as the pants- go with three on each or two on each.

3. Perhaps to spice up the whites, put a teal outline or teal or gold stripes instead of black. Maybe even think about a teal shoulder stripes similar to the Titans. I know they are in the division, but you could abbreviate them to make them similar to epaulets on military uniforms.

Yeah, I agree with the number thing and will get on the gold outlines soon. If tend to agree with you on the summer deal, but I don't think that Is personally touch the stripes for now on account that I believe that two stripes on the jersey would lose the effect that I liked while three stripes on the pants would get too cluttered. I'll see what can happen as far as the away unis go, though I never write liked any of those sort of Titan-esque shoulder stripes. After the Titans rolled 'em out, every instance of them that I've seen since has always kind of debt like a cop-out for original, innovative design if you know what I mean. Plus, all-white jerseys are pretty hot to me. Probably why I have one of last year's.I like the feedback and I'm always open for more.

Alright, a few recent comments made mention of the numbers not being legible, so I've gone ahead and added some gold outlines to the numbers, and I also fixed the seams that were conflicting with the design elements. I also see this change as a minor alleviation to the perceived issue of the aways being kind of boring, so I'm hoping the extra bit of gold will bring just a bit of added shoe and warmth to the set.

2iscz2r.png

Whattaya think?

I like where the design is going, I'm just not too fond of the lack of teal throughout the design. But of course that's probably the direction the team will go.

Keep working at it, maybe thicken up the outline around the numbers

Archived