Gupti's Jaguars 2013 Concepts (Scroll through for updates, 3/28)

Bathysphere

That's twice you've bumped your own thread, which is generally frowned upon.

Rather than bumping for its own sake, you should probably save it for when you have new graphics to show, and trust that we'll find your concept even if it's not on the front page.

FWIW, I think you're on the right track here. The outlines really help, and I would agree with some of the others that you need a bit more teal in the home and road looks.

I'm by no means a designer, and not remotely in the same league as any of the guys who post uniforms here, but I have been a fan of the Jaguars going all the way back to the three days I lasted in mini-camp at the beginning of the '95 season. I remember the original, pre-lawsuit jersey, and couldn't help but think then that it was by far the most imaginitive, forward-thinking concept I had ever seen. I still think that way. My biggest regret from leaving training camp was that I did not take the jersey I was offered when I was cut. Many times since then I have thought about having one custom-made, with the leaping Jag across the shoulders.

Having said that, what's wrong with going to that same look, albeit with the new 2013 logo theme, with an updated leaping Jag going across the shoulders? Reclaim the silver helmet, put the new logo on the sides, use the original helmet stripes and the same coloration and layout of the original uniforms. The one thing I would have changed then would have been to put a stripe down the sides of the pants in the same "mottled" gold and black that was part of the logo, instead of the three-color stripe they had back then.

That would be the only way to "stay true to what the Jaguars have always been" without angering the car company. I felt they were being stupid, given that it was free publicity having a football team with the same icon representing it. I even wrote them a letter telling them in no uncertain terms that only a complete idiot would ever confuse a football team with a car. They of course ignored it, and the rest, as they say, is history.

I don't mean to be offensive, but frankly, none of the designs in this thread are reasonable football uniforms. They're glamourous, glitzy, and extremely creative, but they would never work on the field. I really don't understand the push towards the fanciful styles I see in this and other threads. They're far too complex.

I see nothing wrong with revisiting and revising the original uniform concept. Let's see some detailed images of that.

Well all I can say is that the uniforms are about as bad as the logo. However, I do appreciate anyone's attempt to do a concept because all of my concepts suck. I love stripes on pants, but two straight lines not fully down the leg does not cut it for me. However, if the stripes on the whole uniform want not squared on the ends and either pointed or like their current stripes then I believe it would be better.

spacer.png

I'm gonna stop you guys right here before it gets ugly over nothing.

Back to business. It seems the naysayers have come about. That's cool. I could use some reasons to improve.

Nuordr, is there an implied rule around these parts about how stripes can go down the leg? Not lashing at you, I just want to know if there's something seriously, technically wrong. I'd honestly like to be able to shop these unis onto a photograph of an action shot to give a feel for the look, but I'd say that's pretty beyond my amateur capabilities.

Lancer525, I honestly don't see them being that "fanciful" side from the fancy numbers (which are a pretty big part, but still). I see serious business in a modern, progressive form. I don't think that things have to be sleeve-stripes-and-nothing-else to not be "glitzy." As far as creative, complex concepts go, the uni-game is going to progress somehow. Uniform conservatives may just have to get ready for what's upcoming in the exciting future. Then again, these are just what they say they are, which is concepts (Read: not being sent out to Shad Khan for serious consideration), so let's cool the jets for now. Again, not lashing, just saying how I see things.

Gothamite, you're understood. I've understood general opinions on bumping in the past, but I'd seen other people here do similar and just wanted to keep a steady stream of opinions. I promise I'll behave.

Does anyone else see these as "unreasonable?" I yearn for opinions! (And I've taken the lack-of-teal comments into account and I'm trying to see what I can do, though I could use some suggestions.)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if the recent leak has any substance, than any hopes of accurate prediction for my designs have been dispelled. However, that shouldn't keep me from working at it, no? Anyways, I decided to revisit my concepts with some different ideas and variations that had cultivated over the last few weeks. I don't consider these to be updates as much as different ideas based on the same concept. I finished one of such newer concepts and have decided to share it before completing the others.

The change here is not so dramatic with the difference being the outlined stripes and newer white numbers based on the leak. It has a slightly more traditional feel, I think. I rather like this one.

ZP8kWFh.png

What say you people? What else would you like to see?

Those stripes on the side would look absurd on fat guys.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Those stripes on the side would look absurd on fat guys.

Now that you mention it, that's pretty true. Yet another casualty for thinking outside the box...

I'm gonna stick with it, though, because I'd probably make sure that larger jersey sizes had smaller stripes to at least minimally reduce visual absurdity.

Archived