bkknight95

NHL:Project 14 (Added Washington)

My 300th post is being used to start NHL:Project 14, which was going to be a realignment idea but returned to just a redesign.

Let's get started with Anaheim

Anaheim_Ducks_zpsa9c11933.png?t=13622633

The original Duck logo makes its return in a old, modernized version of what once was. The alt. is based off the striping from the Wild Wing mess, and the 4th IS the Wild Wing mess albeit the Mistral font.

Boston Bruins

Boston_Bruins_zpsd3de49e2.png?t=13622633

These are based off the 1934-1936 jerseys, the first ones to feature black instead of brown. The alt is a fauxback, with the newer alternate bear logo.

Buffalo Sabres

Buffalo_Sabres_zps0ccf56d8.png?t=1362263

This one was easy. Added more white, eliminated the pit stains, and unveiled another fauxback that minimizes white, and uses what I think is Buffalo's most underutilized logo, which looks really good in the original blue and yellow.

Flames coming soon, C & C welcome.

For the Ducks home and away you should switch the black and gold (a) and the white and gold (h) so the orange and gold don't touch. Also, I think black numbers for the away.

The black Ducks alternate is awesome. I would definitely buy one of those if it were real. Good work on the rest.

Anaheim Update

Anaheim_Ducks_Update1_zps16afc8b7.png?t=1362341220

Switched up the H/A striping so the gold doesn't touch the orange and the away numbers are black.

There's really no reason for the Wild Wing jersey to make an appearance. Maybe try putting Wild Wing "bursting out" of a roundel that says "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim".

There's really no reason for the Wild Wing jersey to make an appearance. Maybe try putting Wild Wing "bursting out" of a roundel that says "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim".

The only reason Wild Wing is here is just for me to see what it would look like on an Edge cut with new colors. Basically its just for fun.

Just waiting to see if I get more C&C on the first 3 sets before I post more...

Wild Wing looks great in front, but not so much from behind (not your fault, though). I don't know why, but the black numbers on the orange alt don't pop as much as the regular set to me.

Not sure I love the new Bruins logo but the Ducks set is really cool and the Sabres third is brilliant. Nice job here.

Been too busy... but i'm back

Calgary Flames

Calgary_Flames_zpse5e24c81.png

The Flames use their alt as the basis for their road, which was paired with the original jersey from the eighties. The alt is based of the black jersey used from 00-06, but with no flaming horse head. The sleeves also have a fiery pattern.

Carolina Hurricanes

Carolina_Hurricanes_zpse3ce0d88.png?t=1364066280

The Hurricanes had no overly drastic changes. The hurricane flag striping moves to the sleeves along with a Hartford type striping. The alt changes accordingly. C & C welcome as I continue to work...

I like these sets. Although I have mixed feelings about the gradient on the Calgary sleeves, the Home and away are great nice execution.

For Carolina, I'd probably get rid of the yoke stripe on the alternate and the Logo seems a bit dark on the home and road.

Absolute home run with that Calgary set! Wow, the home and away's are sweet, then that alt (which I mean, we all hate teams for having black alts, but in the Flames case, I think they can definitely have one) is executed beautifully and I personally love the flame sleeves. Carolina set is sick as well, but I'm not crazy about their black alt. Love the number font though. Great concepts.

Waiting to see if I can get just a little more C & C on any of these before posting Colorado.

The amount of gray or silver on Carolina's home and road is simply too much. I think the silver numbers on the red will be like the black names on Calgary's sea of red jerseys: simply too hard to read. Then, the silver/gray in the logo is unnecessary, darkens an already dark look, and is just too much. On the third, you might as well fix the most annoying thing about that concept: the black hurricane flags. They don't make sense. They don't exist anywhere. Plus, make the flags red with black stripes flanking it (just swapping the colors) and it'll really pop.

Carolina_Hurricanes_Update1_zps1a0b6b6e.png?t=1364328042

Carolina's update was simple. I took suggestion from hockey week and recolored the striping on the alt. The way I left it almost eliminated grey from the jersey. Also changed were the NOB's on the H/A's to being more visible.

C & C seems like its in limited variety, so here's the Chicago Blackhawks

Chicago_Blackhawks_zpsce4b3b50.png?t=1364492909

The striping on the red changes so its more similar to the white. The crest's feathers, which have always bugged me, go from a Crayola coloring box to the team's colors. The alt is based off the 1928-1930 jersey just with red. C & C please...

I really like the new Hawks logo, I know it will offend some traditionalists but I always thought the same thing about the old logo. The striping change looks pretty good as well. Nice execution on these concepts so far.

Thanks cohenj21 for responding, and now the most ambitious redesign yet: Colorado.

Colorado_Avalanche_zps15b768f5.png?t=1364492909

Gone is the black. Gone is the mess of a uniform they've worn for too long. Anyway, black gives way to navy, and now a mountain pattern adorns the cuffs and hem of the home and away. The alt is, surprise, surprise, based off of Giggy's helmet.

Love the use of navy instead of black, the navy helmets in particular are a nice touch. The primary jerseys are actually really good, the loudness of the mountain striping doesn't bother me on these like it normally does, maybe because of the navy. The alternate I think would look much better without the burgundy sash, I think that would be the best of the set without it. Great series you got going here.