NHL:Project 14 (Added Washington)

colinturner95

Removing the LA would really help. The black alt isn't grabbing me and besides, the 'forum blue', yellow and white sweaters make a good enough combo on their own.

I thought that having just the 'forum blue'/purple, yellow, white would be too laker-like, so thus forms the alt. I do get what you're saying, but I'll leave the alt where it is until someone completely hates it.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those LA concepts are phenomenal. Except the alt. The addition of black and silver, while a part of the Kings historical identity, looks disgusting when used in addition with the purple and gold. It reminds me of the Islanders alts. And I'm generally not a fan of the Burger King logo.

Guest darkpiranha

I really like this set on the whole, however I agree with some of the suggestions. Maybe no LA over the crown.

I like where the black alt is going, but it's not quite there yet. I've never minded the Burger King logo, and I like what you've done with it, color-wise. Have you tried replacing his crown with the one used everywhere else? Plus, the Burger King logo is so sharp-edged that maybe the curvy lines of the jersey clash a bit. Maybe try straightening and sharpening some of the lines.

And the background is better, but it's still unnecessarily distracting. What's your purpose for forcing a busy background on these? I thought it was so you could brand your work, but you took all self-branding out and it's just the crown in the background now (as of this typing), so I'm confused as to what's driving it.

I really like this set on the whole, however I agree with some of the suggestions. Maybe no LA over the crown.

I like where the black alt is going, but it's not quite there yet. I've never minded the Burger King logo, and I like what you've done with it, color-wise. Have you tried replacing his crown with the one used everywhere else? Plus, the Burger King logo is so sharp-edged that maybe the curvy lines of the jersey clash a bit. Maybe try straightening and sharpening some of the lines.

And the background is better, but it's still unnecessarily distracting. What's your purpose for forcing a busy background on these? I thought it was so you could brand your work, but you took all self-branding out and it's just the crown in the background now (as of this typing), so I'm confused as to what's driving it.

I'd thought about what you've suggested with the logo, but you witnessed what happened when I tried to make a logo... and it's results. Background wise, i'm just trying to find something that I like and looks good, I might try transparenting the logos more if I continue with the background style as it is.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

In what has been one of the most strenuous redesigns ever, I finally feel ready enough to give you the Wild:

Minnesota_Wild_zps0435324e.png?t=1366593438

I personally don't see the love for the alternate, and why it should become the home jersey. The home and roads are inspired by what might live out its final days as the home, but with green returning as the base color. And for those who like the current alt, i left it where it should be, just color inverted because this is the NHL, where vintage white should replace white in every jersey. C & C

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I have nothing to complain about the home and road sweaters. Maybe take away the phantom yoke, I found their jerseys, pre-edge, to be better without them.

Furthermore, if there is any jersey in the league that should not have vintage white, it's the inevitable white version of their alternate that you have here. Just my opinion.

And if you do keep the vintage white, I'd suggest changing the pure white inside the script logo.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Minnesota Update

Minnesota_Wild_Update1_zps86262b00.png

The Phantom yokes are gone, hem stripe returns after a long absence, and red isn't eliminated like it was. The vintage white is toned down, and into red it becomes. Give it whirl and C & C it up

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The white needs some vintage on it. Without it, the jersey looks out of funk with the rest.

I thought about that, but the vintage almost disapears next to white. One thought would be to make the jersey vintage white, but I don't want to go that route immediately

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The white needs some vintage on it. Without it, the jersey looks out of funk with the rest.

I thought about that, but the vintage almost disapears next to white. One thought would be to make the jersey vintage white, but I don't want to go that route immediately

Place it in the red as a second stripe to the green. That will work.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

Final Minnesota Update

Minnesota_Wild_Update2_zps2c285b14.png?t=1366854827

Added a vintage white stripe to the away's, so the colors are all represented. Done with Minnesota, on my way to Montreal. Question, is it sacrilegious to change the Canadiens?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Final Minnesota Update

Minnesota_Wild_Update2_zps2c285b14.png?t=1366854827

Added a vintage white stripe to the away's, so the colors are all represented. Done with Minnesota, on my way to Montreal. Question, is it sacrilegious to change the Canadiens?

The Habs are never going to change. This is a CONCEPT forum, I don't get why people get so bent out of shape over someone changing classic teams. If you have an idea you think would be cool, go ahead and do it.

And Minnesota looks good, I just think the red will probably get lost in the green from far away.

The 3rd most ambitious redesign to date : Montreal Canadiens

Montreal_Canadiens_zps21bf9bfe.png?t=1367288932

Who says the Canadiens can't change? I never liked the current away jerseys, too bland, even having worn them for a few years myself. So, it was simple to just return the white version of the current home. The alt is a throwback to the barberpole striped jerseys, even down to the square on the back. the shoulder/collar stripes come from the '35-'38 white jerseys and the hem stripes come from the retired away jersey, and yes I stooped to an all time low with the vintage white, but I think it looks good on a team that I think has been around long enough to maybe warrant its use. C & C on this please

AmPJ0Ty.png 

That away is really nice. Much better than their current roads. I'd change the nameplate to red, and maybe add a bit of red to the collar. The alt is pretty wild, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in an outdoor game or something.

That's kinda what I had in mind for it, being it in vintage white and all. IMHO, and not trying to be all egotistical, but I think my alt, or something like should've been worn instead of the half-assed attempt like they did against Calgary in the Heritage Classic.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

This is a really good set for Montreal, I love their home set but their road and throwback sets seem half-assed to me as well. Your road jersey is excellent, and the alt is great too, the only thing I would do is change the blue square around the number to red, as that's really more of a Canadiens color and would blend better with the vintage white IMO. Nice job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived