NHL:Project 14 (Added Washington)

colinturner95

Who says the Canadiens can't change? I never liked the current away jerseys, too bland, even having worn them for a few years myself. So, it was simple to just return the white version of the current home. The alt is a throwback to the barberpole striped jerseys, even down to the square on the back. the shoulder/collar stripes come from the '35-'38 white jerseys and the hem stripes come from the retired away jersey, and yes I stooped to an all time low with the vintage white, but I think it looks good on a team that I think has been around long enough to maybe warrant its use. C & C on this please

Nice job on the barberpole alts.

I agree totally with you re: the current aways...BLAND.

That's a real nice set of sweaters for Les Canadiens.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm back with Nashville.

Nashville_Predators_zps75d032f9.png?t=1368147782

The delay was due to an internal debate over whether the grey should return. Anyway, I liked how the Preds went to yellow at home, but not how they kind of filled in the templates with color to save time. So now there is a shoulder yoke on the home and aways and the checkerboards are back :D. The alt goes simple navy, the "NP" logo is on the front, and grey returns. Let me know what you think about these C & C...

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I really don't like the checkerboards look. Makes them look like pyjamas. And the NP logo is just a terrible logo for the front of any jersey. It's like having the SJ on the front of a Sharks jersey. Ughhh, no.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I agree with what Bayne said, you should add white in some form to the checkerboards on the home and road at least. Then it would look good.

I can't really say that I like the alternate at all. The logo, the grey on the yokes, and how the piping stops suddenly before the hem pattern looks really odd. I also can't say that I like how the checkerboard looks like just by itself.

Keep working on it.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

It's too many bumper stickers. The checkerboards, the yokes, the "horns" inside the piping, the piping, and so on. It's just too much.

The only reason the checkerboard worked with their last third jersey is because it was black and navy, and nobody could tell the difference from far away. It needs to be subtle, silver and white, maybe.

That third jersey you have there is much better than the rest because it's simpler, and all of the busy parts are all at the bottom with a very plain top. Like Carolina's jerseys (especially pre-edge), that works (and even then some people complain it's too busy). The rest are just too much.

The more busy of a feature you have, the fewer features you can have and still look good.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Nashville_Predators_Update2_zps3ddca9f1.png?t=1368390855

Simple is better. Look up, and you will see this. C & C.

The 3rd jersey kind of reminds me of a crash test dummy with the way the checkerboard pattern looks.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back

New Jersey Devils

NewJersey_Devils_zps9ab6ca80.png?t=1369355180

So... the Devils have looked the same for a while, which I no problem with, but then I thought, "what would their St. Patrick's day jerseys look like in black?" and that's what happened. The white is pretty hypothetical since the Devils jerseys at that time were asymmetrical. Let me know what you guys think, eh?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I like it. For colour's sake, try making the black hem and the stripe above the arm striping red. I never liked how devoid of red NJ's away uniforms are.

I tried that, but I wasn't a fan of how it looked.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Islanders

NY_Islanders_zpsb8a732bf.png

This one is a little new. I liked the original Edge look but not the colors, so when they brought back the royal blue, I wished that they could've done in a way. Rather than just recolor the '08 Edge jerseys, I restriped the jerseys so the current striping is still kept to a point. The alt is a one-year thing for the move to Brooklyn that retros the Brooklyn Americans. C & C while I work on the Tortorella-less Rangers...

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The home and road look good. Interesting striping pattern. I would switch around the orange and white on the home's sleeves though, I'm not sure if the white top-o'-the-arms would look all that great, and on ice. Also, are you planning to do something with the logo? Because after removing the island, it's just NY Islanders wordmarks and the circle looks really out of place.

I do really like the alternate though, I've been hoping that when they do move, they'll put on something like that.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

I will update the Islanders but I wanted to keep the train moving so here's the Rangers... on that note : Disclaimer, this is a drastic change to an original 6 team, so be prepared for a lot of change

NY_Rangers_zpsa8cdeb72.png?t=1370376371

What you'll see is navy. No more original blue, and now its Navy. The striping on the home and roads is slightly inspired by both the current away and the Winter Classic. And just so the change isn't all you notice, take a look at what the alternates are... oh and I never liked the Rangers red pants, they just seemed so out of place with their jerseys, and I played against a club team with what I called inverse Ranger pants, so I tried it out. And there's a white yoke... C & C this, I'm kinda excited about this one

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived