NHL:Project 14 (Added Washington)

colinturner95

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man, always a fan of this template. Always makes concepts look sharp and clean when done correctly, like most of these here. Great job! Question, do you use Illustrator?

I made this template a few years back, I'm pretty sure it's available in every format at this point - except paint.

Actually, I've made one and I've used it for a while.

http://s901.photobucket.com/user/JackFr/media/PaintTemplate_zpsd6e405c3.png.html

PaintTemplate_zpsd6e405c3.png

Hey man, always a fan of this template. Always makes concepts look sharp and clean when done correctly, like most of these here. Great job! Question, do you use Illustrator?

I made this template a few years back, I'm pretty sure it's available in every format at this point - except paint.

http://s901.photobuc...e405c3.png.html

[img REMOVED]

I by no means meant I was the only person to ever create a Reebok Edge template. However the template(s) used in these concepts - from the jersey to the equipment - is the one I created.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/78923-speedys-reebok-edge-template/page__hl__%2Bspeedy%26%2339%3Bs+%2Brbk+%2Bedge

As for yours, I'd fix the back view. The front hem line wouldn't be visible when viewing the back side of the jersey, the back hem is longer than the front.

http://s901.photobuc...e405c3.png.html

[img REMOVED]

I by no means meant I was the only person to ever create a Reebok Edge template. However the template(s) used in these concepts - from the jersey to the equipment - is the one I created.

http://boards.sports...39;s +rbk +edge

As for yours, I'd fix the back view. The front hem line wouldn't be visible when viewing the back side of the jersey, the back hem is longer than the front.

I'm pretty sure mine is a trace of yours on Paint. Anyway, you're right, Ill look into that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back

San Jose

SanJose_Sharks_zps1d4ea74a.png?t=1373308790

My first thoughts when the Sharks unveiled the Reebok Edge uniforms were, "Orange?". It may look cool now, but I haven't liked it, never will. So, I looked back at what the Sharks wore first in '91 and I looked back to my first year of competitive hockey set of socks which were what the Sharks away socks were. So that is where I started with this redesign. I did have the accompanying pair of teal socks which I tried to apply to the teal jersey, but wasn't happy with the result. So this is what happened with the home and away. Now I've always liked how the black alternates in how they've always been simple but cool. So, in my attempt at that, you see the result above. The giant pit stains are my attempt at going back to the first alternate in franchise history, and the stripes are simple and easy from the first black alt. And if you didn't already notice, orange is gone. C and C on this please

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The color choices are great; I totally agree with you. However, the shoulder yokes are rubbing me the wrong way. I don't like how the 'corners' point down.

Alternate: hate it. There's a reason the 'extended pit stain' went in and out of style within a year.

Home and road are good but the third looks to much like a practice sweater if you ask me. I think removing the teal side-panels (or whatever they're called) and adding tail stripes that match the ones in the sleeves would be an improvement.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

San Jose is my favouite team, so I was excited to see what you did. I love the colours, I'd keep orange in the stick of the logo but your jersey colours are perfect.

I agree the third jersey seems very much like a practice jersey. I love the colours, but I'd looks the arm pit stains. maybe put blue and grey on the collar? Dont know how stripes on the bottom would look though, maybe give it a try. Also, the yokes on the home and primary are interesting to say the least. I still don't think it works no matter how much I look at it. A flowing yoke looks best.

While I contemplate San Jose's alt a little more, look at St. Louis

STL_Blues_zpsb54999b7.png

This is quite simple. People say that St. Louis currently has a top-10 look in the NHL. I think they happen to be crazy. So the uniforms above are inspired by the 79-84 uniforms. I tried to use navy, yellow and white, but it didn't work at all. So both the Blues remain a double blue team with navy reduced to a trim color and that seems self explained. The alternate isn't too different from what they have now, except for the striping is different and less white, oh and the chest stripes. Let me know what need fixing, with both SJ and STL, so C&C if you please.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

This STL set doesn't need fixin. It goes with your design style and it certainly goes with the Blues identity. [Just an aside: the players don't change their gloves for different uniforms. They pretty much wear the same gloves all the time, till they decay and fall off their hands.]

This STL set doesn't need fixin. It goes with your design style and it certainly goes with the Blues identity. [Just an aside: the players don't change their gloves for different uniforms. They pretty much wear the same gloves all the time, till they decay and fall off their hands.]

Haha, I know. I just have fun with it.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I feel like there's too much white on the Blues' home jersey. Something about the navy note just clashes with how little navy is in the striping. As for the Sharks, I'd agree the pit stains need to go, but that doesn't mean strip the uni of teal. Try to find another way to incorporate it.

Sorry, I've been gone so long, but I have been so busy recently and I still don't have a redesigned alt for the Sharks, but I think I have a working set for the Tampa Bay Lightning to display

TampaBay_Lightning_zps9ef2a681.png?t=1374693444

I love the "Bolts" jersey. It works on many levels, even with the striping that leads to nowhere. I shrunk the stripes so it doesn't overlap onto the victory stripes, which is a better look IMO. Yes, the jersey is black, and not blue but I see the Lightning as a black home jersey team, and I did so to make distance between the Maple Leafs. I tried to separate the "Tampa Bay" and lightning bolt from the circle but it didn't work, and I can't see the lightning bolt being the only thing on the jersey so its the logo before the unveiling of the "Tampa Bay Maple Wings". Now the alt is fun, and I'm surprised why the Bolts haven't thought of something like it. Its blue, white and silver, absolutely no back to be found. Lightning bolts run down the sleeves and I added a hem stripe because the jersey looked plain without it. C and C please

AmPJ0Ty.png 

"So you are the owner of the ice hockey team the Toronto Maple Leaves? Actually its Leafs." "The Love Guru (2008)"

I took a few liberties with the Leafs. They make 2 colors look good.

Toronto_MapleLeafs_zps6d5175f0.png?t=1374884487I like the current look for the Leafs, but I wanted to change something up in Toronto. I like the '67 stripes, but the newer logo, and I liked the shoulder stripes of the coming Winter Classic Jerseys, and so that's what becomes the home and road. The pant stripe is of the current alternate pant stripe with a stemless leaf interrupting the stripe, which I thought looks cool. Now the alternate pushed the boundaries past the boundaries. My inspiration, found here , I believe was created by raysox. I liked the huge leaf on the front but not the "TML" logo in the leaf. I tried to use as many past jersey things to justify the jersey, such as the 78-82 sleeves, and the '67 stripes found through all the jerseys. Let me know what you guys think about the Leafs and Lightning please.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived