NHL:Project 14 (Added Washington)

colinturner95

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back with Vancouver

Vancouver_Canucks_zps6dbc449c.png?t=1375

I don't get how the orca "C" logo has lasted this long, the script over said logo looks bad. Vancouver needed a face lift and I think this is a good attempt at least. I tried my hardest to modernize the "V" logo from the Millionaires jersey but I couldn't and so it became recolored and ended up on the jersey. If you didn't already notice, the navy got darker and the green got lighter. Gone is the script over the logo, as the script is in the logo. The alternate pulls from parts of jerseys past, except the giant V jerseys. Its green, the stripes homage the Millionaires, the hem stripes come from the navy/red gradient happy jersey and the "Stick in the rink" logo is front and center. 2 more teams to go, and maybe I work on Winter Classic, All Star, Heritage Classic and some Stadium Series sets. But for now, C and C this

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I honestly prefer their current color combo over this. It's not bad, but personally I'm not a fan of that V logo. What if you used the V with Johnny Canuck on it like in the background?

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I'm back with Vancouver

I don't get how the orca "C" logo has lasted this long, the script over said logo looks bad. Vancouver needed a face lift and I think this is a good attempt at least. I tried my hardest to modernize the "V" logo from the Millionaires jersey but I couldn't and so it became recolored and ended up on the jersey. If you didn't already notice, the navy got darker and the green got lighter. Gone is the script over the logo, as the script is in the logo. The alternate pulls from parts of jerseys past, except the giant V jerseys. Its green, the stripes homage the Millionaires, the hem stripes come from the navy/red gradient happy jersey and the "Stick in the rink" logo is front and center. 2 more teams to go, and maybe I work on Winter Classic, All Star, Heritage Classic and some Stadium Series sets. But for now, C and C this

I like it. I have two main criticisms though.

1. The green tends to get lost on the blue jersey without the white barrier to add contrast. It makes it pop. The green directly bordering the blue just sort of makes everything muddy.

2.The forearms on the away should stay blue.

I'm back with Vancouver

I like it, just feel the "V" logo isn't strong enough for a primary logo. I agree with Chromatic the arms on the road should stay blue but this is a concept so have at it.

I'm back, not that anyone missed me

The Penguins have had one of the best uniform sets in NHL history and their current ones are not it.

Pittsburgh_Penguins_zps742f2997.png?t=13

So... I strung the 91-92 jerseys together with the 02-07 jerseys and I used the brighter shade of yellow rather than the Vegas gold. IIRC, Mario Lemieux said the Penguins wouldn't go back to the original yellow, but screw it: the vegas gold didn't do this concept any justice. Anyway, so the striping from the arms of the 91-92 jerseys meets the side striping from the 02-07 jerseys in the lighter yellow. The alternate tries to throwback to all the years of Penguins hockey. The sleeve stripes resemble the original original powder blue jerseys, and the logo is Robo- Penguin and the chest stripe mimics half of the gradient, asymmetrical alternate that I thought was amazing for its time. Now the 4th jersey was my intention for the alternate, but then my Twitter feed was talking about the upcoming Stadium Series, so that was designed using the Pittsburgh Pirates (the hockey ones) and the first skating penguin-in-a-circle in black and yellow. C&C and enjoy the Stanley Cup Final all you hockey fans

Digging on this concept (even if I do like the gold), but would like to see something utilizing the blue from the very-early years, too.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I think one way to modernize the V logo would be to just eliminate Vancouver from inside it. Just use a big V on the front of the jersey. Might look a bit collegiate, but will at least be classy. It'd be nice to see the stick/rink logo as shoulder patches on the home and away, and I'd also like the concepts that work the V into the arm stripes. Might be a way to make this set pop a bit more, as it is kind of safe at the moment.

So I was trying to modernize the V and I realized that I was trying too hard... there's a logo that already modernized it....and there's a little dude sitting on top of the V

Vancouver_Canucks_Update_zpsb3c9b57b.pngThe main changes are the home stripes are white/green/white which is better than the previous set, and the away jersey sleeves have turned navy. The Johnny Canuck logo is the main logo, but I don't think it is strong enough to function as the main logo. But let me know what you guys think.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So I was trying to modernize the V and I realized that I was trying too hard... there's a logo that already modernized it....and there's a little dude sitting on top of the V

Vancouver_Canucks_Update_zpsb3c9b57b.pngThe main changes are the home stripes are white/green/white which is better than the previous set, and the away jersey sleeves have turned navy. The Johnny Canuck logo is the main logo, but I don't think it is strong enough to function as the main logo. But let me know what you guys think.

Looks great.

washington_capitals_zps83c3ff6d.png

1 more team! The Capitals did good by returning to red, white and blue but their rebrand .... not so much. Granted the Weagle was a great addition. Anyways, the aforementioned logo has become the main logo and copper/bronze whatever it is has been returned to the scheme as a trim color. The jerseys are created from pieces of past Capitals jerseys, and a lot of it came from the sets before the change in 08. Yes, the sleeve stripes do not go all the way around, but where else would the stars go? The pants are a little Ranger-ish, but they are based off of the alternate jersey pants. The alternate, yes, is basically a red, white and blue version of the 00-07 black jersey, with the slanted hem stripe. I tried putting stars or a wordmark in it, but the stars looked too clustered in it, and the Caps dont have a workable wordmark that would fit in it. You probably won't recognize the logo on the alt. Thats because I tried again to make a new logo.

washington_capitals_new2nd_zpsd304d9d1.p

Its big, my bad. but I wanted to bring back the Capitol Building in some capacity. Yes, its a roundel but I thought it looks good, and its a good fit for the Caps.

Give me some C and C on these and Winnipeg will be up shortly

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived