Kentucky Commonwealth University

Greg_Fryman

I applied for AD position the NCFA my college will be called Kentucky Commonwealth University haven't really decided on a mascot yet so I don't have a primary logo but I do have a classic monogram style logo which is really the feel I want this team to have. I am looking for any C&C on this as I feel that it is lacking a lot but it does look pretty good on the helmet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kcupres_zpsc4698f43.png

kcupres2_zps7ac6f8cc.png

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

The KC logo does not work for me as the "C" is lost in the "K" and also those are the same colors as Murray State.

Agreed on the first part... I think something more like the Kansas City A's old logo seems in order. Perhaps try switching to a wishbone-C (think Bears, Reds) if you want a traditional look.

MLB-NEWERA-KANSASCITY-9FIFTY-SNAPBACK.002.jpg

As far as the colors belonging to Murray State... doesn't Louisville share red & white with one of the directional Kentucky schools (I want to say Eastern)?

Since you're working with a completely new brand, you need to think forward and not go historical with the duel letter lockup. It will get confused with KU or Kansas City far too much. Get creative and think of a mascot to represent them and then take on the challenge of illustrating that. A race horse maybe?

Since you're working with a completely new brand, you need to think forward and not go historical with the duel letter lockup. It will get confused with KU or Kansas City far too much. Get creative and think of a mascot to represent them and then take on the challenge of illustrating that. A race horse maybe?

Thanks for the feedback.... Since it is completely fictional and being a big time "SEC" traditional football fan I believe this is the way I want to go with the classic look. There will be a primary logo but being born an raised in Kentucky I absolutely hate that every team ever thought of from the state has to do with a race horse. Not taking any shortcuts here just trying to get input on one of the few logos I plan to use with this project. And again thanks for the reply.

I am working on a new look working with the advice that was given above.

2l9mudh.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.... Since it is completely fictional and being a big time "SEC" traditional football fan I believe this is the way I want to go with the classic look. There will be a primary logo but being born an raised in Kentucky I absolutely hate that every team ever thought of from the state has to do with a race horse. Not taking any shortcuts here just trying to get input on one of the few logos I plan to use with this project. And again thanks for the reply.

WKU Hilltoppers were named because the campus set atop a hill.

Kentucky Wildcats - The nickname "Wildcats" became synonymous with UK shortly after a 6-2 football road victory over Illinois on October 9, 1909. Commandant Philip W. Corbusier, then head of the military department at old State University, told a group of students in a chapel service following the game that the Kentucky football team had "fought like Wildcats" and the name stuck.

Louisville Cardinals - The nickname "Cardinals" comes from the state bird of Kentucky.

EKU Colonels - Not horse related.

Murray State Racers - This name is horse related.

Based on this list can you explain how you meant that teams in Kentucky are all named after race horses?

spacer.png

WKU Hilltoppers were named because the campus set atop a hill.

Kentucky Wildcats - The nickname "Wildcats" became synonymous with UK shortly after a 6-2 football road victory over Illinois on October 9, 1909. Commandant Philip W. Corbusier, then head of the military department at old State University, told a group of students in a chapel service following the game that the Kentucky football team had "fought like Wildcats" and the name stuck.

Louisville Cardinals - The nickname "Cardinals" comes from the state bird of Kentucky.

EKU Colonels - Not horse related.

Murray State Racers - This name is horse related.

Based on this list can you explain how you meant that teams in Kentucky are all named after race horses?

Check any concept league thread and thread that talks about expansion any time Kentucky is in the mix all nicknames want to be tied to horse racing. That is where that statement came from.

2l9mudh.jpg

Kentucky Tech would appreciate it if Kentucky Commonwealth didn't steal their colors.

That said, it's always bothered me why there's a Kentucky State and not a Kentucky Commonwealth in real life.

Looking at your link, what is the logo on the helmets supposed to convey? Just out of curiosity.

Well, dear Cody, the team is the Kentucky Tech Blue Grassers. Thus the BG.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Non-horse related Kentucky nicknames:

Distillers

Highlanders

Miners (You could give KCU a backstory that it started as Kentucky School of Mines)

Mountaineers

Appalachians

Kentucky Tech would appreciate it if Kentucky Commonwealth didn't steal their colors.

That said, it's always bothered me why there's a Kentucky State and not a Kentucky Commonwealth in real life.

Looking at your link, what is the logo on the helmets supposed to convey? Just out of curiosity.

I'm not Cody, stop being an ignorant dumbass. Mods can check my IP. I'm not Cody.

Untitlewd.png

temp.png

kidspm9_zps509fde71.gif

I'm not Cody, stop being an ignorant dumbass. Mods can check my IP. I'm not Cody.

why so defensive?

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

why so defensive?

Because it's annoying, I've been called Cody on two different threads now.

Untitlewd.png

temp.png

kidspm9_zps509fde71.gif

Two threads? That's all it takes to annoy you to the point of calling me a "ignorant dumbass"? Especially when I only called you out in one thread.

If you really weren't Cody, I'd imagine a. you could laugh it off and leave it alone; or b. it would take a lot longer for you to get annoyed.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Two threads? That's all it takes to annoy you to the point of calling me a "ignorant dumbass"? Especially when I only called you out in one thread.

If you really weren't Cody, I'd imagine a. you could laugh it off and leave it alone; or b. it would take a lot longer for you to get annoyed.

I know this is most likely going to drag on, so I'm trying to stop it now. Sorry I shouldn't of called you an ignorant dumbass.

Untitlewd.png

temp.png

kidspm9_zps509fde71.gif

I applied for AD position the NCFA my college will be called Kentucky Commonwealth University haven't really decided on a mascot yet so I don't have a primary logo but I do have a classic monogram style logo which is really the feel I want this team to have. I am looking for any C&C on this as I feel that it is lacking a lot but it does look pretty good on the helmet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kcupres_zpsc4698f43.png

kcupres2_zps7ac6f8cc.png

For the C, I would trim the bottom of it in the standard C shape. I'd probably also add a Commonwealth symbol as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived