Logo for my new project

TalktoChuck

Working on putting together the branding for my new business project. It's still in the early stages, so I don't want to give away too much information before I get all the legal stuff taken care of. But looking for some advice on where to go with a logo. I can tell you that the name of the business is forest/tree related. And I'm going for a minimalist look for the whole branding.

sanami276_textures46_04_zps25546b29.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

I like it. If the name of the company was Storm Foresting or something you could make the tree outline's negative space into lightning bolts.

Otherwise I love the simplicity. Hope it turns out cool in the end.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like it too. I almost feel like those two outline strokes need to represent something, or turn into something as they go down. No necessarily lightning bolts lol...but utilize them somehow? Maybe continue the lines inward to finish off the shape of the tree more (the trunk). Of course this is just my opinion and you might disagree entirely which is fine. But the logo feels slightly unfinished as is. Still very good though.

I was just thinking, if those two lines tied into the wordmark somehow, even that would work.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I like it too. I almost feel like those two outline strokes need to represent something, or turn into something as they go down. No necessarily lightning bolts lol...but utilize them somehow? Maybe continue the lines inward to finish off the shape of the tree more (the trunk). Of course this is just my opinion and you might disagree entirely which is fine. But the logo feels slightly unfinished as is. Still very good though.

I was just thinking, if those two lines tied into the wordmark somehow, even that would work.

+1 on everything said here just a bit unfinished but if you incorporate the wordmark with the lines or something I think this will be great.

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

I agree about the tree outline being a little weird, and making it look unfinished. I just can't figure out how to fix that problem. If I get rid of the outlines, it's hard to make out the tree. The trees by themselves look even more unfinished, and if I close up the circle/moon it just doesn't look all that good to me. Connecting the outline to the word mark might work, I'm still working on a word mark though.

jNTsTyQ.png

Visually, it's beautiful. But I'd be eager to learn more specifics about the company and the name. Tying those things in to a stronger degree is what separates beautiful visuals from great logos. (Well, that and all the brand equity that gets built up after the fact that retroactively puts meaning into a logo.)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

lol I don't think they look similar. So they both have tree shapes in them. You could find hundreds of 'similar' logos to each other if that's your prerequisite.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

lol I don't think they look similar. So they both have tree shapes in them. You could find hundreds of 'similar' logos to each other if that's your prerequisite.

zq8qkfni1g087f4245egc32po.gif

:oops: :oops: They're SO SIMILAR!!! ;)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It is definitely a good start. Lots of potential. Add a wordmark with a little simplistic personality, and you've got a good logo.

I would even go so far as to offset the middle tree to either the left or right, just to take away the symmetrical look. I think that would add a bit of personality to it.

But the overall look is pretty good, as is. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Even though it does resemble the RedHook logo, it's still miles apart. Good job.

Archived