New cleveland cavaliers logo spotted???

TruColor

nice job!  that has to be it.  interesting that there is more blue than i thought there would be

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

wow, that looks great. i like their current colors though, but i think they need to completely get a new image.

But syphi- great job.  ive seen it before, and loved it.  but the fact that it looks like they chose a similar scheme is quite flattering i would imagine, good job broham

From what I can tell, it's a font similar to SyPhi's, with the sword going thru it from right to left, on top of a basketball.  The "C" curls around the tip of the blade, so to speak.  And since the font looks to be blue, and the basketball would probably be orange, this seems like this would be the same color scheme the Cavs already have?  Anyone agree, disagree, see something different?

From what I can tell, it's a font similar to SyPhi's, with the sword going thru it from right to left, on top of a basketball.  The "C" curls around the tip of the blade, so to speak.  And since the font looks to be blue, and the basketball would probably be orange, this seems like this would be the same color scheme the Cavs already have?  Anyone agree, disagree, see something different?

I'll disagree. The font is somewhat similar to SyPhis, although I think I like SyPhi's better maybe. Anyway, I don't agree about the colors. I see the sword as silver, which is not in their current scheme, and I see the basketball as being a reddish color, not really the light orange they have now at all.

You may be right... I know the sword is silver, but the font is definitely outlined in blue... and after looking at all the other logos on the screen, you are right, the basketball is definitely darker than, say, the Knicks basketball.  Just doesn't look "wine" colored though, and I can't really imagine a basketball being dark red without any embellishment, ie what the Heat did, making it a ball of fire

The speculation that there is Silver in there is probably incorrect.  I got the official Pantones from the Cavs' front office, and the colors were Wine, Metallic Gold and Dark Blue.  Unless something's changed since, I think we're being a bit too literal in interpreting this incredibly blurry image.

My theory is that it is a Wine-colored basketball with White lettering trimmed in Metallic Gold and Dark Blue.

We'll have to see...

Wow, I am flattered.

That's pretty close. Not sure it's legit, Chris raises some interesting questions, but the environment (a grainy WMP movie clip) would not lend itself to being the way a wannabe would try and present the Cavs logo.

If there's a hat, I'm suing! :;):

For the record, I still like mine better, and thanks Snowcap for the free publicity.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived