Sign in to follow this  
Anomalied

Cubs Concept

With the recent buzz about the Northsiders changing up their look, I threw together this quick concept. I went for a more simple, vintage feel, with the Tuscan lettering and the cream homes without names. The light blue is derived from the Chicago flag, which is worn on the sleeve. I know the color scheme is similar to Tampa, so I thought about adding more pops of red or another color to make it more unique, thoughts?

JujJhZP.jpg

Very well done. I'd say you may want to incorporate more red into the color scheme and the lettering style seems to resemble what the White Sox used at one time. But very nice mock ups.

I like the general idea behind it. I'd be curious to see what they look like with red instead of the powder blue and the cap remaining unchanged. I do love that cub-flag patch, though.

As a Cubs fan I'm very excited to see where this story ends up going. I'd love to see a new look.

As for your concept I like the direction it's headed in.

I love the bear logo, I love that shoulder patch, but...

I'm not sold on the color scheme or the "vintage" feel to it.

I'd say maybe white with double blue would look good....maybe even a little red.

And I'd keep the tuscan lettering and numbers left to just an alternate. That's just me though,