San Jose Sharks

Lights Out

Like he said^ the striping is definitely almost there but it needs to be refined to look more aesthetically natural. I think this design would work better if you used the Rangers' uniform cut but props for going out of the box on this one. I remember another user on here made something similar and since then I've thought the Sharks should definitely go this route if they want to have a staple look. Unfortunately I'm not sold on the numbers or get why people want to see them in any font similar to those of their 90's set.

Midway.png

Don't really like the underarm paneling on the home and the roads, but what probably irritates me here is the lack of hem striping.

Simply put, no NHL sweater looks complete without some form of striping down there. That is without a doubt the most annoying thing I found with the EDGE takeover in 2007.

I actually really like the alt, with the teal breezers to boot.

spacer.png

I like the jerseys a lot, but they feel top heavy and unfinished with no striping on the hem. It would be interesting to see how it would it look with teal helmets and pants.

The number font has gotta go. It would be illegible from the first row of the upper bowl especially that 9. Is it a 9, 6, 8, or 0? Announcers wouldn't be able to tell.

Simplify the number font. You don't have to use a plain block font, but the fat impact font looks bad and like something you'd see in the bush leagues.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I had thought about hem striping on the primaries, but then I felt that it would make the design too cluttered and busy. I'll try to come up with something unobtrusive, though.

As for the number font, it's Aurora Bold, the same font they use in their wordmark:

xoqdeOY.png

I can see where it might be a bit unreadable, though, so I'll try something else.

BTW, am I the only one who really likes orange for the Sharks? It seems like everyone else who does Sharks concepts replaces it with gray, but I've always thought that looked a bit too bland for them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

FRIGGIN' LOVE IT...

Everything about it...

Original striping

Wild 3rd!!!

Bravo!!! Where can I buy a #5 of this Altenate? :)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I'm very , "eh", about the home and away. I'm not completely sold on the arm sripes. but that third is almost amazing. I love the colors and love the gradient made by the stripes on the cuffs. If you used a regular logo instead of a "WildWing"esque wild design, I think that it would be one of the best sweaters in the league.

Archived