Oregon State Unveils New Logo and Uniforms

BroadSt_Bully

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's badass. There's only so many ways you can make a beaver look cool and they pulled it off.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I loved the route Fraser did for the SBN rebrand... bad ass rendering:

beaver.png

The thing that got leaked doesn't feel fluid to me at all. it's a weird shape for a head, IMO. And the shadows are just confusing to me (especially behind the eye).

I'm pretty sure this is another example of Davidson's continued work for Nike. So as it's been every other time there was probably an amazing logo left on the cutting room floor.

Guess we should keep an eye on Dribbble, eh? Haha :P

Cuj, it does look a lot better on a black bg... which makes me dislike it even more. When you're "hiding" the largest part of the logo to make it look better, isn't that kind of defeating the purpose?

I much prefer it against the orange/white. The logo loses all of it's flow when you remove the border.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Definitely. I think my issue is this (and the same went for the Jacksonville 'update'): when you're changing your logo, is the point merely to make it "better than the previous", or to create something lasting, memorable, soundly-designed, and anything else you think your brand should be? I mean, sure, it's better than the old logo, but that's about it for me. I don't think it's awesome or iconic or anything.

I guess having been a part of a major rebrand before, I would say that "good enough" or "it's better than it was before" isn't exactly what you're aiming for (unless you love major changes every 2-5 years — spoiler: most organizations don't).

At the end of the day, though, I suppose it's all subjective.

Archived