Raiders Black Helmet, YAARRRR

CS85

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fine with the current Raiders logo, maybe give it a modernization and such. However, I really like the AFL logo...

AuKhay0.png

This also seems to be one of many logos they used back in the AFL. I'm not really sure which was the true primary prior to their current logo.

bSLCtu2.png

I'm fine with the current Raiders logo, maybe give it a modernization and such. However, I really like the AFL logo...

AuKhay0.png

This also seems to be one of many logos they used back in the AFL. I'm not really sure which was the true primary prior to their current logo.

That's the one I was talking about which would be perfect if it was one the black helmet & isn't that silver shield bigger then their current one ?

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Surprised no one's said BFBS yet...

How the hell is it BFBS when black is the basis of the entire Raiders brand?

Surprised no one's said BFBS yet...

Well that's because despite always complaining about it, you're the only one who seemingly doesn't understand what "BFBS" means.

CWthwnG.png

So shouldn't the raider be wearing a black helmet as well?

If you're gonna be literal about it, then he'll need a facemask too.

and he'll have to lose the Members Only jacket.

It's a chinstrap.

Haha for the longest time, I've always thought that was part of his neck or something. Only recently did I stupidly realize it's a chinstrap. Now I can't unsee it.

The reflection looks like it's in a guys house or something, probably just a custom-made helmet he ordered and nothing more.

The Raiders won't change nor should they. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this in a pre-season game though, but nothing more than that.

niagaraq.png

AuKhay0.png

...isn't that silver shield bigger then their current one ?

Looks like it; the swords extending outside the shield outline kinda irks me.

AuKhay0.png

What would this logo look like on a black helmet? Not bad, I think.

I've been hoping for years now for a Black facemask on the Raiders helmet...once, in a Pro Bowl, Marcus Allen wore a helmet with a Black mask:

09000d5d8034f8e7_gallery_600.jpg

...thought this was a change into the next season, but it turned out to be a one-time thing.

I used to have another picture from the game in color (from the USA Today sports section), but have lost it over the years.

Was this the pic?

pro86.jpg

There's this eBay listing of a fleer card showing him. A bit grainy, but $4 and it's yours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Fleer-MARCUS-ALLEN-Oakland-Raiders-Pro-Bowl-Card-/330883541639?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D6063306333296760400%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D300840731301%26

AuKhay0.png

What would this logo look like on a black helmet? Not bad, I think.

OaklandRaiders_PropHRS0100a_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

I've been hoping for years now for a Black facemask on the Raiders helmet...once, in a Pro Bowl, Marcus Allen wore a helmet with a Black mask:

09000d5d8034f8e7_gallery_600.jpg

...thought this was a change into the next season, but it turned out to be a one-time thing.

I used to have another picture from the game in color (from the USA Today sports section), but have lost it over the years.

Was this the pic?

pro86.jpg

There's this eBay listing of a fleer card showing him. A bit grainy, but $4 and it's yours.

http://www.ebay.com/...d=300840731301

Nope - not that one.

The one I was referring to was Allen lying on the ground, facing the camera.

I watched that game on TV; I really thought the Raiders were making the change for the next season.

CWthwnG.png

So shouldn't the raider be wearing a black helmet as well?

If you're gonna be literal about it, then he'll need a facemask too.

and he'll have to lose the Members Only jacket.

It's a chinstrap.

I know.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like the black. I always enjoy it when a team goes with an alternate scheme for one game. I would not be in favor of a permanent change to this classic uniform. When it all comes down to it it's all about the money. Teams make big bank on single use uniforms but have no intent on changing their brand. Take for example my favorite team the Cornhuskers who went black for a game.

Archived