Local Sports Ts (and other gear)

Fifty8_Black O

Brew City in Milwaukee (http://www.brewcityonline.com)

Strange Cargo in Chicago (http://www.strangecargo.com)

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure Brew City was founded by someone from Cudahy who just tells everyone they're from Milwaukee. In all my years of living here, I have never heard anyone who was native to Milwaukee say "Ya Der Hey" or "Dont'cha Know," and bowling hasn't been a big deal in Milwaukee for almost three decades.

I also wonder how much longer before that "Ryan Ain't Lyin" gear goes on clearance.

Minor Thread does mostly Jacksonville Jaguar related tees.

I have one of the Teel Street OG shirts, nothing to sneeze at, better than the stuff you find at WalMart.

That "satan manning" shirt is just uncalled for lol

It's for good reason when you see him for twice year for almost a decade.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I'm pretty sure Brew City was founded by someone from Cudahy who just tells everyone they're from Milwaukee. In all my years of living here, I have never heard anyone who was native to Milwaukee say "Ya Der Hey" or "Dont'cha Know," and bowling hasn't been a big deal in Milwaukee for almost three decades.

I also wonder how much longer before that "Ryan Ain't Lyin" gear goes on clearance.

My mom and dad met at Echo Bowl in Milwaukee back in the day. Bowling was popular at one point! The Ya Der Hey thing is more Minnesota.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

My mom and dad met at Echo Bowl in Milwaukee back in the day. Bowling was popular at one point! The Ya Der Hey thing is more Minnesota.

Oh, I remember how popular bowling was. I still remember being a kid and watching The Bowling Game on Channel 18 right before bed... but I also remember how many of the bowling alleys in Milwaukee had shut down by the time I was a teenager. Now it's quite difficult to find someone under 40 who's a serious bowler. Not to mention the USBC's decision to move from Greenfield to Dallas-Ft. Worth, which I'm sure the aging, die-hard bowlers who are still around would rather forget.

The Nets have a lot of very Brooklyn-centric gear.

I especially like this shirt, which comes in a ton of different versions so you can rep just about any neighborhood in BK!

00439657-736755_catl_290.jpg?k=1bdef0e2&pid=439657&s=catl&sn=nets

I passed on one of those when I was back in Brooklyn for Christmas and I've regretted it ever since. Do you have any idea where I could get one?

Anyone have any idea how to start one of these? I'd be really interested how they are able to manage everything, get shirts out, get them printed etc? Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Hey y'all -- just wanted to say that I've finally got that Tumblr going to showcase fan-made and artsy sports shirts. Check it out here: http://fanstyleshirts.tumblr.com/

All the sites in this thread, plus others, are queued to be posted to the Tumblr in the next few days... and I'll add more as I find them.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The Nets have a lot of very Brooklyn-centric gear.

I especially like this shirt, which comes in a ton of different versions so you can rep just about any neighborhood in BK!

00439657-736755_catl_290.jpg?k=1bdef0e2&pid=439657&s=catl&sn=nets

I passed on one of those when I was back in Brooklyn for Christmas and I've regretted it ever since. Do you have any idea where I could get one?

Bought it! I got Flatbush.

Bought it! I got Flatbush.

I just spotted your post and was about to start googling, but I scrolled down a bit more and saw there is a happy ending to the story! B)

I really like this trend of local sports Ts. And they don't have to be officially licensed to be good... some of the designs are outstanding.

On an unrelated note, those Oilerland shirts from Edmonton are just atrocious.

Archived