NCHC(College Hockey) Unveils League Logo

roxfan00

NCHC? Was "NoDak and the Seven Dwarves" not an option?

This conference is no joke. I'd say it'll probably be the 3rd best College Hockey Conference behind Hockey East and B1G.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Duluth, DU, and Miami have all been in the championship game more recently, with the first two having won it all since the last time NDak did. The artists formerly known as the Sioux have won it all twice in 25 years. They're one of nine schools that can make that claim. Let's not crown them yet.

As for the logo, I agree that the N looks funky but overall I like it.

BCBannersSig.png

Seven Dwarves?

Denver won back to back national championships in the last decade, Minnesota Duluth just won a National Title themselves, Miami probably should've beaten BU a few years ago, and every other team either has been in Frozen Fours or has serious potential to become a frozen four program. At best I see three dwarves.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Not too bad, but the lettering is a bit off. Anyone know where Bowling Green will end up?

They're headed for the WCHA with the Alaska schools, Bemidji, Michigan Tech, Mankato, Northern Michigan, Lake Superior, UAH, and Ferris State.

BCBannersSig.png

Wow. I really like this logo. I love the shield and use of cream. Gives it a great faux historical look.

It's funny, I was watching Ferris State/Bowling Green on TV not too long ago, and I remember thinking how I was really going to miss seeing the CCHA logo (and presence). Was simplistic, but became iconic. But i think this one just became an instant classic in my book. I've been an avid hockey fan for 25+ years, but only started getting into college hockey about 10 years ago.

Not too bad, but the lettering is a bit off. Anyone know where Bowling Green will end up?

They're headed for the WCHA with the Alaska schools, Bemidji, Michigan Tech, Mankato, Northern Michigan, Lake Superior, UAH, and Ferris State.

...and hopefully Milwaukee. We just hired a new Athletic Director from a hockey school (Northeastern) and the WCHA already pledged their support for a hockey program here when the idea was first floated a little over a year ago... they REALLY want to maintain a presence in Wisconsin after the Badgers leave. Hopefully this new hire will finally bring enough stability to our athletic department to get it off the ground.

Anyway, I think walkerws hit the nail on the head as far as the logo is concerned.

Archived