Panthers new logo?

Brass

It may be nothing, and if it is, then it's only a slight logo change, but stil a change, I was looking at the Florida Panthers site, and found this logo:

nav_bar.gif

with the panther in the triangle. I think with a classic style jersey or as a shoulder logo, it looks kinda cool

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm hoping that with their Stanley Cup win, it might prompt the Lightning to upgrade their look a little bit.

As for that Panthers logo, I don't think that's going to be a new logo for them, though I could be wrong. If it was a new logo, you'd probably be seeing it in several other places on the page, which you don't. My guess is they did that for the sake of the page's design, since the regular panther itself isn't very design friendly, what with the foreshortened hind legs and all. I guess time will tell, though.

the mere fact that the lightning WON the stanley cup would most likely mean that they arent gonna change a thing anytime soon, seeing as how their look is now associated with a winner

...but slight updates can't be out of the question. Think post-Super Bowl Rams.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

the mere fact that the lightning WON the stanley cup would most likely mean that they arent gonna change a thing anytime soon, seeing as how their look is now associated with a winner

...but slight updates can't be out of the question. Think post-Super Bowl Rams.

look at the penguins they won back to back cups then did a complete overhaul and ditched the skating penguin after the second

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

those changes the pens and rams made though were premeditated even before they won thier championships.

i dont understand what is wrong with the lightning uniforms why does everyone want to change them so much? :therock:

(and of course, if they did change about 90 percent of the members here would start ranting about how much the new look sucks and they should have never changed)

I like the Lightning uniforms. The only change that I would like to see is a unified font on the crest - I'd prefer the one they use for the word "Lightning." Going back to their original number font would be okay with me as well, but I have no quarrel whatsoever with their present block number font.

I feel that the current Lightening logo is bad. It's not creative, and with the words on it, it's a mess.

The uniforms themselves aren't particularly bad, but they're boring, communicate nothing, are too monochromatic, and don't seem to have much thought behind them.

I wouldn't mind seeing blue being a little more prominent on their uniforms, and they definitely could stand a logo redesign.

At the end of the day, they're not atrocious, but they're definitely not great.

I like that logo with the triangle for some reason it seems as if its coming at me more then the whole body logo. This looks meaner and more intimadtaing and perhaps should becoem the primary logo.

As for the Lightning their shoulder logo is nice I wish it was used on the front of the jersey.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The logo is nice - I still like "just" the cat. It does have potential for other modifications.

My son told me today that Nashville will be playing a preseason game vs. the Florida Panthers @ Kemper Arena - that's if they play next year.

I haven't confirmed this yet - I'll try to find out later tonight when I go web surfing.

Any Panther or Predator fans know anything about this????

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I like the Lightnings Black shirt...

Favourite feature? The white shoulder... not too common...

Trivia: How many white shoulders can you name, in the NHL, since the 67 expansion...?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

What is wrong with the Lightning's unis?

Well I posted this somewhere before the playoffs--so that has no bearing on this-

It looks like a cheap '70's iron-on...

and also I've since found out it was designed by Espo--which isn' necessarily a bad thing...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

So back to the topic at hand, I don't mind that triangle logo, though I'm sure it is just for the website, but I prefer the whole body version. I think the Panthers could use a color adjusting, because I think they look too much like Atlanta, and though I know Florida's been in the league longer, I think Atlanta uses the colors better and the Panthers would look good in something else, maybe changing the yellow to a gold, like in the logo, and replacing the navy with a dark green to give it a more jungley feel.....just ideas.

I agree with Avenger on the lighting.. bad logo, so-so jerseys.. could be better. But i'm also glad they didnt go with gradients into lightning-bolt striping, too.

Back on topic - the Panthers site looks like they planted the logo on the triangle, just to keep it form floating. Good idea. I just wish they'd ditch that horrible orangy-red color.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived