Buffalo Sabres -NHL- Updated Logo (March 2013)

Jeff Greenbank

Hi, I haven't posted any concepts on this forum before so here`s my first crack at it. I simply updated the Buffalo Sabres logo by fine-tuning all of the lines. I know that the actual Sabres sword is more popular and I will get working on that soon. But in the meantime let me know what you think.

(I've posted the current Sabres logo for you to compare the difference)

SabresShoulderLogo_zpsef95d446.png

Buffalo03_zps9e7f04ca.gif

Comment below...

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you've made it worse. While I'm not a at all a fan of the buffalo's rendering in the current logo, at least the lines are smooth and "fluid," if you will. What you've seemed to do is wrinkle the logo and take out one of the most important aspects of it, the sabres.

Even though the rendering of the buffalo on the original logo isn't done that well, it's still an amazing logo because, as far as I know, it's the only logo in sports that actually spells out the team's name using graphics. They're the "Buffalo Sabres" and the logo literally features a buffalo and two sabres.

I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of this, keep working at it though and I'd like to see if you come up with something with the swords featured as well.

All of the wobbly curves makes it look like a ghost, lol.

If you want to "modernize" it, make some of the edges slightly sharper, and maybe give the buffalo a slightly more agressive facial expression, without changing too much.

Archived