Tampa Bay Rays

AlexWilson

Here's the deal: I am in a love-hate relationship with the Ray's uniforms. I love the two tone blue, but the navy doesn't work. Neither does the font or the hideous idea of the team using a ray of sunshine instead of the animal. I loved the under-rated era of the teams jerseys from '05-07. Those were amazing looking. I took those jerseys and used them as my inspiration for this concept and replaced the navy with the Tampa Bay Lightning's old Hawaiian Blue. The cap logo is also my own creation, taking inspiration from the one used now and the original.

Rays_zps87cc59bc.png

What do you think? Does this work for you guys? I'd love feedback here, as I don't make many baseball concepts. Also, does anyone know where I can find baseball fonts for the back?

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

I really like it, my only suggestion would be to use your primary logo (ray) on the hat rather than TB.

I thought about using as a alternate cap logo, like the original, but I used it on the sleeve already and I wasn't so sure about using it on a cap.

seahawks_banner.png

Those blues work really nice together and the whole concept looks really good. My one suggestion would be to use the darker shade of blue for the away undershirt. It just contrasts the grey better I think.

Also, why no numbers? no big deal just curious

Those blues work really nice together and the whole concept looks really good. My one suggestion would be to use the darker shade of blue for the away undershirt. It just contrasts the grey better I think.

Also, why no numbers? no big deal just curious

I couldn't find any. Baseball fonts are all a little differnt, and half the time you have to download them for cash. I might try it the other way around, but Carolina Blue and Grey look good togther.

seahawks_banner.png

I feel as if the TB logo would look really nice if you got rid of the serif on the B. That way the B could tuck nicely underneath the T.

Not sure what you mean by the serif, but If you could explain it to me I'd be willing to try it out. Also I'm doing one with a Hunter green for kevinmets.

seahawks_banner.png

The little bit of the B that hangs out to the left.

I see. Never realized that what a serif was, and it was on the original cap logo I used as a basis for the logo. I'll try it without the serif and see how it looks, but i'm thinking about working on a new project shortly.

seahawks_banner.png

My gosh, this so cleans up the train wreck they had back in the day. Kudos.

By the way,the shade of Green I used is based off the "MLB Power Pros 2008" AAA Team, The GreenApples in Success Mode. Tried to make it as close as possible to their uniforms without going to overboard.

seahawks_banner.png

Archived