NFL 2013 by DeFrank: AFC SOUTH 4/12/13

DeFrank

As a Broncos fan, I can't believe the praise that design is getting. I mean, no offense, it's really well done and all, but I would be so pissed if they went with something like that, and to be honest it seems every time Denver gets a concept mock up, they are always given those hideous contrasting sleeves. Not only are they ugly af, but they hark back to a dark time in Broncos lore. I was really looking forward to the Denver update as well, as all your other designs are beautiful.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFC SOUTH

TampaBayBuccaneers_zpse3150ad5.png

No more red for the Bucs. Pewter, orange, and black are now the colors of Tampa with this update. I was comfortable with a simple design for the Bucs in terms of striping and logos because of the fact that the colors, logos, and wordmark make up for the other areas of simplicity. Too many Buc concepts go over the top with number fonts and crazy stripes. This is a modern interpretation of their famous look.

NewOrleansSaintsPrseentation_zps8b60a913.png

I'm a fan of the Saints look, so I made some necessary changes to improve their look. First, I fixed the gold pants to have a white stripe in the middle, matching the helmet stripe. I also added striping to their black pants. Sock stripes now adorn all of their jersey combinations. I also changed the numbers to gold with a black outline.

CarolinaPanthersPresentation_zpsc3514dda.png

The Panthers are another team that I'm really fond of. I love the broad shoulder loops that Cam wears, and in my version of the NFL, truncation is not an option. I added a more standard and matching helmet stripe, along with a better pant stripe. Sock stripes as well.

AtlantaFalconsPresentation_zps7df7add0.png

I've always thought of

this photo when I think of what I want for the Falcons. I also made their sleeve design a pretty basic one. People use the "part of the bird" idea a lot, but I really like it so I went with it. The pants stripes and sock stripes follow a consistent pattern across colors, based on the logo itself as well. Black jerseys are the primary option again, and all white should be used sparingly. Red as an alternate is there, as sort of a modern iteration of a throwback, similar to my Pats concept.

C&C!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

This stuff is excellent, DeFrank. Very colorful. Modern, yet tasteful. I love your color combinations too. I've not seen a straight orange/pewter combination on Tampa Bay before, for instance. A lot of people try to horn red into the identity when they do that modern/classic mash up. But yours looks good. I'd love to see a color on color game between the Seahawks and Buccaneers as you have them outfitted here.

Tampa Bay: The colors look cool, but I don't like the design. That being said, I don't like the current set either. I think it's just too plain. Take, example, the away set. It's almost identical to your saints away. A little creativity can go a long way.

New Orleans: Really, really good. I'd make the home cuffs gold instead of black, though.

Carolina: I think it'd look cool if you removed all traces of white from the black and Carolina blue sets. Might muddle it though. I just think the white pops so much that its out of place

Atlanta: Grey pants instead of white are the way to go for this one IMO.

spacer.png

Not sure I understand the elimination of red for the Bucs. The orange and pewter alone might look okay mocked up like this, but on the field, I don't see a way those don't look awful, especially the pewter monochrome. I'f you're going to go with creamsicle colors, I'd eliminate the pewter. Regardless, I don't think there's enough orange on the away jersey... it's just white. I do like the rest of the South though.. nice subtle updates.

TB, NO, CAR: See dsaline.

ATL: Really solid look here. Love the striping you used, and the candy red shell is sharp. My only suggestion would be to possible taper the pants stripes some to match the sleeve stripes. That could throw off the socks though, so maybe it works the way you have it.

TB, NO, CAR: See dsaline.

ATL: Really solid look here. Love the striping you used, and the candy red shell is sharp. My only suggestion would be to possible taper the pants stripes some to match the sleeve stripes. That could throw off the socks though, so maybe it works the way you have it.

The socks are exactly why I chose to keep the striping basic on the pants. Thanks again!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Tampa Bay is unique and the color scheme works more than I'd have thought it would. The only thing I am unsure about is the pewter numbers on the whites. Maybe they should be orange?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Bucs - I think the current red compliments the pewter better than orange would. I appreciate the simple look though. I agree with your senitment that many Bucs concepts on here are just loud.

Saints - Perfect.

Panthers - I like the helmet stripe and the sets are fine, although I would make the blue alternate set the primary home set.

Atlanta - My favorite of the group. They should switch to these today.

mainescarf.png

pewter and orange looks tough! really like that uni set.

the Saints im not that fond of. the design is good enough, but that particular gold is really bland and boring. this is a team that i hate watching when they play at home because of the bad lighting inside the dome and nothing about the team's uniform is very attractive. it all seems dark and devoid of any emotion. for my own Saints concepts, i changed the gold back to their original shade and that alone helps a lot. because the identity is all neutral colors, there is also opportunity to play with something else. maybe yellow? purple? blue?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

NFC SOUTH

TampaBayBuccaneers_zpse3150ad5.png

No more red for the Bucs. Pewter, orange, and black are now the colors of Tampa with this update. I was comfortable with a simple design for the Bucs in terms of striping and logos because of the fact that the colors, logos, and wordmark make up for the other areas of simplicity. Too many Buc concepts go over the top with number fonts and crazy stripes. This is a modern interpretation of their famous look.

NewOrleansSaintsPrseentation_zps8b60a913.png

I'm a fan of the Saints look, so I made some necessary changes to improve their look. First, I fixed the gold pants to have a white stripe in the middle, matching the helmet stripe. I also added striping to their black pants. Sock stripes now adorn all of their jersey combinations. I also changed the numbers to gold with a black outline.

CarolinaPanthersPresentation_zpsc3514dda.png

The Panthers are another team that I'm really fond of. I love the broad shoulder loops that Cam wears, and in my version of the NFL, truncation is not an option. I added a more standard and matching helmet stripe, along with a better pant stripe. Sock stripes as well.

AtlantaFalconsPresentation_zps7df7add0.png

I've always thought of

this photo when I think of what I want for the Falcons. I also made their sleeve design a pretty basic one. People use the "part of the bird" idea a lot, but I really like it so I went with it. The pants stripes and sock stripes follow a consistent pattern across colors, based on the logo itself as well. Black jerseys are the primary option again, and all white should be used sparingly. Red as an alternate is there, as sort of a modern iteration of a throwback, similar to my Pats concept.

C&C!

YES! THE ORANGE IS BACK FROM THE DEAD! LOVE IT!

sport-scarf_buffs_zps6d9c42a6.png

JAX: Eh...too much jaguar print. Never been a fan of that for the Jags unless it's sublimated. Also, I would try to replicate the new number font they're getting with the new set.

IND: Subtle changes that make the set really work. Especially the continuation of the stripes and the helmet stripe change.

TEN: Others have tried this color scheme before, and I really like it, especially the yellow home jersey. Very unique. I like the change in logos as well. My one concern is the inconsistency in the striping throughout the set. I can see you tried to avoid yellow against silver, since they wouldn't stand out. First I would have the home sock stripes match the jersey (blue with silver trim). Then for the road I would essentially flip all the colors on the jersey (blue/yellow numbers and yellow/blue stripes) and change the socks accordingly. Then you have yellow stripes across the board but don't lose the color balance (with the blue numbers).

HOU: While their current set is solid, I'm a little disappointed you didn't shake things up for the Texans, as I feel like their logo and Texas motif provides some great opportunities.

Archived