NFL 2013 by DeFrank: AFC SOUTH 4/12/13

DeFrank

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MIN: Perfect.

GB: Only complaint is the collar striping...it just doesn't really work on today's unis, and it's more of a recent development for the Packers unis so removing it wouldn't go against history or anything.

DET: I'd like to see their current number font, which I personally like (though I know many people don't).

CHI: If you're going to change the road stripes, I'd like to see them orange with blue trim. The home jersey doesn't have great color balance IMO. Also, as mentioned, the GSH is missing. Oh, and PLEASE LORD ALMIGHTY no orange pants!!!

Please, no nameplate on the Packers' jersey. That's a "new" trend that the second oldest franchise in the league doesn't need to mimic, especially given that our uniform hasn't changed (essentially) in 50 years,

Excellent work. I will confess to not being a fan of the colored pants that you are highlighting as the primary road pants. However, as you are doing this universally, I think I would learn to like the look.

It's where I sit.

The Patriots concept a page back is very similar to an idea I had for them (at least for the pants).

While I like the idea of standardizing the stripes on the Bears uniform, I don't think I like the orange-blue-orange triple stripe on the white jersey. I'm curious how blue-orange-blue would look. To me, that also fits with your other concepts - the sleeve pattern is the inverse of the number outline (i.e. white number, orange outline for home with white stripes flanked by orange).

Responses on...

Green Bay: The collar was originally put in because I didn't think that I would have sleeve stripes when I started the concept. I'll look into removing it. As for the collar wordmark, all of my teams have one, so this one will stay.

Detroit: I do actually like their current number font, but I was having trouble recreating it, and didn't feel too strongly. That will stay.

Bears: I do see what everyone is saying about the inversion of the stripes on the white jersey. I will probably go back and update that, I can completely get behind that. When I update there, I will also look back at some of the AFC East and NFC East as well.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

That Vikings concept is 100% spot on perfect. This is absolutely what they need. The jerseys are the late 1990s, but creating uniformity by dumping the inferior home template in favor of the superior road template. Purple pants. Traditional look for fairly traditional team in very traditional division. It is a 99.999% chance that the actual update will be inferior to this.

The only problem I have with it that if I remember it when the update is made public, it will increase my disappointment.

Great work overall on the division. My only beef is the narrow helmet stripes on the Lions and maybe the sleeve striping. I'd say either go thinner to acknowledge modern times or else go all the way and try to replicate their old school look

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Viking uniform is too old school however, I am glad that the colors actually match on the helmet (and no gray facemask) and jersey. I know I am the minority, but their current set is awesome and should not be changed.

spacer.png

UPDATE 1

UpdatedPhiladelphiaEaglesPresentation_zps754f2da2.png

Simply fixed the accidental sock and cuff mistakes on the road jerseys.

UpdatedDallasCowboysPresentation_zps5cac5f1d.png

Added sleeve and sock stripes to fix the problem of the uniforms being too simple. Cuffs go white as a result.

UpdatedGreenBayPackersPresentation_zpsa8f4477a.png

Added in the team and jersey designations, along with removing the collar striping. Sorry, the wordmark is staying.

UpdatedChicagoBearsPresentation_zpse409847e.png

Inverted the sleeve stripes on the white jerseys and socks to be consistent and create a better color balance. Oh and the GSH is there somewhere. Just use your imagination!

;)

potd 10/20/12

Good updates all around.

And if "Oh and the GSH is there somewhere. Just use your imagination!" implies you forgot it again and you go back and add it in, I have a trick for the shoulder numbers. If you're using the Eriq Jaffe Bears font, if you hold down Shift with a number you get the thicker, shorter shoulder numbers. Just discovered this in the last month or so.

AFC NORTH

PittsburghSteelersPresentation_zps1d9cd304.png

Very happy with the new primary logo I've created for the Steelers. I created a uniforms striping style, and made the sleeves gold to hopefully mitigate the problems of their overly large sleeve stripes. These are a more streamlined version of the Steelers because of the fact that their gold pants now feature some white, giving their identity a much needed burst of life.

CincinnattiBengalsPresentation_zpsfb3cfba6.png

I've taken the best of all of the Bengals past and put it together to create a single solid and bold uniform set. A full stripe is featured on the pants, but with the horizontal striping pattern of their current tapered ones. The jerseys stripes are simpler than either the loops or the more expansive shoulders of todays uniforms. They curl upward, creating a space around the swoosh for Nike. Orange primary jerseys are also employed, considering that Tigers are orange!

BaltimoreRavensPresentation_zpsdf9759a4.png

I don't know what to say about my Ravens concept, because when it comes to designing the Ravens, nothing really pleases me a lot. Their colors look muted, all of their logos look just slightly off, and so on. I decided to give them a bit more white in some areas, and use their alternate logo as the full time primary, along with the retro script. Black pants always should ensure that they stay true to their name.

ClevelandBrownsPresentation_zps485e0eee.png

The Browns are back with orange pants, and a seal brown color that they used in the 1970's. White pants don't exist in this uniform set, and stripes are everywhere for the team from Cleveland.

potd 10/20/12

CIN: The Bengals uniforms look so much better streamlined. Really brings out the tiger stripes in the uniform. I like it!

CLE: The Browns are a nice, classic looking team. But maybe white pants would look nice you know? That too is classic Cleveland.

BAL: I like the uniforms, but I actually like the black dropshadow that comes with their numbers on their current uniforms.

PIT: I like 'em, but I would stick the current logo on the helmet, and have the normal yellow pants with the single black stripe. I like their uniforms.

Good job overall. I'm really liking the series so far.

Love everything you did with the AFC North...you were able to keep the classic looks of the Browns and Steelers, you made the bengal stripes look good and did everything i would want with the ravens...good stuff here

PIT: revert to the current pants stripe and this is great. Love the sleeve stripes.

CIN: Looks good, but you should make the collar/cuffs on the home black, similar to the other jerseys.

BAL: What if you made the away socks stripes purple-gold-black-gold-purple?

CLE: Not a fan of the shade of brown, but these are perfect.

spacer.png

Love the Baltimore helmet logo. Love the Browns set and wouldn't change a thing. I like you got rid of the white side panels on the orange Bengals jersey. Don't like the Pittsburgh helmet logo. I was always partial to the old varsity-style jersey numbers too. I don't like the thin italicized ones.

mainescarf.png

AFC North is very good all around. Only complaints are with the Steelers and Ravens.

The logo you made for the Steelers is nice, but the current logo is based off the Pittsburgh Steel logo, so I would keep it. Also I would alter the helmet stripe to match the rest of the set.

For the Ravens, like another poster said, I would flip the purple and white in the striping. Otherwise I like it.

Archived