NFL 2013 by DeFrank: AFC SOUTH 4/12/13

DeFrank

Thanks DeFrank! My email is drakebergman@gmail.com!

Also, some feedback:

Jags: I agree with mbannon on the jaguar print. However, it appears that you did try to mimic their new number font, you just included a serif at the bottom of each number, right?

IND: Looks great. I have always loved many of the most bare bones/simple NFL uniforms i.e. Steelers, Colts, Giants, 49ers, and I like the fact that you stuck with that, and included blue pants which I've always wanted to see them do!

TEN: I love the color scheme, and the overall design....just not for the Titans. To me, they're very similar to a concept I've had in my head for a Steelers alternate, me being a Steelers fan and all. But it is after all your world here, and it looks good none the less...maybe a little too similar to the Bucs set you created though...

HOU: I don't really see any major differences here...not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks DeFrank! My email is drakebergman@gmail.com!

Also, some feedback:

Jags: I agree with mbannon on the jaguar print. However, it appears that you did try to mimic their new number font, you just included a serif at the bottom of each number, right?

IND: Looks great. I have always loved many of the most bare bones/simple NFL uniforms i.e. Steelers, Colts, Giants, 49ers, and I like the fact that you stuck with that, and included blue pants which I've always wanted to see them do!

TEN: I love the color scheme, and the overall design....just not for the Titans. To me, they're very similar to a concept I've had in my head for a Steelers alternate, me being a Steelers fan and all. But it is after all your world here, and it looks good none the less...maybe a little too similar to the Bucs set you created though...

HOU: I don't really see any major differences here...not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

They used to wear blue pants back in the day:

1194994968_eab61f2c9b_o.jpg

spacer.png

JAX - the spot print always looks tacky to me, man. i've done it myself with black on black and still not liked it. and with teal in there i cant help but dislike it. its executed about as well as it can be here though. if you like it then stick with it

IND - its like a lot of Indy concepts we see. not a bad thing. as my favorite team i wouldnt mind seeing them in those.

TEN - love the colors. id like to see blue numbers on yellow though. in a division thats so heavy on cool colors, i think the yellow is a great choice

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

JAX: Eh...too much jaguar print. Never been a fan of that for the Jags unless it's sublimated. Also, I would try to replicate the new number font they're getting with the new set.

IND: Subtle changes that make the set really work. Especially the continuation of the stripes and the helmet stripe change.

TEN: Others have tried this color scheme before, and I really like it, especially the yellow home jersey. Very unique. I like the change in logos as well. My one concern is the inconsistency in the striping throughout the set. I can see you tried to avoid yellow against silver, since they wouldn't stand out. First I would have the home sock stripes match the jersey (blue with silver trim). Then for the road I would essentially flip all the colors on the jersey (blue/yellow numbers and yellow/blue stripes) and change the socks accordingly. Then you have yellow stripes across the board but don't lose the color balance (with the blue numbers).

HOU: While their current set is solid, I'm a little disappointed you didn't shake things up for the Texans, as I feel like their logo and Texas motif provides some great opportunities.

I agree with almost everything mbannon said. My only disagreements are 1) that I like the Titans font, it looks really nice. 2) I've never liked blue pants for the Colts, but everything else looks good for them.

Also, I liked everything on the NFC South except for the Bucs road jersey. Switch the orange and pewter on it and I like it would look perfect, but right now, Orange looks like it is a trim color on the road.

• 1 month later...

Hello! My name is Dimos. I am a football coach from Montreal, Canada.

I have been coaching football (Amerian Football) in Europe for the last ten years, and have now established my own team in Wroclaw, Poland.

The team's name is Wroclaw Outlaws, and our colours are black, yellow and red.

I really like some of your ideas and concepts.

Would you be able to help me with an original logo and uniform design?

Thank you in advance for your time.

• 1 month later...

AFC EAST

BuffaloBillsPresentation_zps90a01ce2.png

Some notes on these guys...

-I will post an update to the Dolphins once the new logos and uniforms are unveiled next month. For now, bear with this "perfection" of their classic look.

-The Bills and Jets are very similar to their current uniforms, and I am fine with that. I wanted to again streamline and perfect their current looks.

-I will make an update to the Cowboys, and make corrections to the Eagles at some point soon.

Thanks for leaving your C&C, and please ask questions about the designs!

On the top-right, those are the perfect socks the BILLS should be wearing when donning the blue pants. Buffalo really needs to take note on socks from teams like the Bears, Patriots, Jets, and Chiefs when wearing colored pants.

The monochrome blue ... I doubt very much and surely hope that look will never be seen again. We saw enough of that awful look from 2002-2010 to last us a lifetime.

• 7 months later...

UpdatedChicagoBearsPresentation_zpse4098

Inverted the sleeve stripes on the white jerseys and socks to be consistent and create a better color balance. Oh and the GSH is there somewhere. Just use your imagination! ;)

Invert the stripes on the navy pants, so they could match the stripes on the navy jersey.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived