NFL 2013 by DeFrank: AFC SOUTH 4/12/13

DeFrank

Update 2

UpdatedSeattleSeahawksPresentation_zps1f12eeeb.png

On the heels of some good suggestions, I've brightened the green quite a bit, to something called "Augusta Green." I have also inverted the white jersey's number colors. VERY happy with this little update, the brighter green is a drastic improvement. I appreciate comments because of things like this! Also, look on the first post for a new way to navigate these updates.

UpdatedCincinnattiBengalsPresentation_zpsf7f297db.png

I've added black cuffs to the orange jersey, and eliminated black socks, which I felt were unnecessary at this point.

Also, whoever replies first, perhaps you might quote this post so it gets to the next page? Thanks!

I love the update to Seattle. It makes the concept much more vibrant.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as it hurts me to say, I love the Trollhawks updates. They need to use that set, like, yesterday. That's fantastic.

mainescarf.png

Seattle: Regarding the original: Love. Love. Love. That color scheme is drop dead gorgeous, the (much better) use of the totem striping is sharp, and the whole look is a lot cleaner and more appealing.

As for your color update (which I noticed after typing the above), I am not a fan. The original green you used was a million times better. The new green is way to bright and doesn't say "Seattle" to me like the more muted green did.

St. Louis: Love the switch to royal blue and the pants stripes, not a fan of the side panels. Those only worked when the pants didn't have any striping; now the panels clash with the pants stripes. I would get rid of the panels and keep the pants stripes.

San Fran: I'm honestly not sure what I think about these. I like the idea of adding black to match the logo, and I think you added it in the right places, but I'm not sure if I like it more than their cleaner, current look. Like I said though, if you're going to add black I think you did a good job.

Arizona: Exactly what I would have done. No complaints.

My feeling on the new green is that while it doesn't say "Seattle" like the moe muted one did, I think that's not necessarily a bad thing. The color scheme is still very Pacific Northwest, but the prominent green helps prevent defining Seattle as "rainy" or "dull" while still keeping a Seattle feel. So I"m happy with it, and I'm sure on rainy game days the brighter green will be welcomed.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I really loved the original Seattle concept, but this one...wow. The real-life Seahawks have one of my favorite uniform sets and I didn't think it could be topped but this is one of the better football concepts I've seen. Now it has the vibrancy of their current set but with colors that I think really fit the team. Really great job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

AFC WEST

SanDiegoChargersPresentation_zps866b164e.png

The traditional powder/cobalt/light blue makes a return. Shoulder bolts return. Road socks have stripes like the 90's set, and the pants have todays bolt design. A medley of their history to form a more perfect Chargers uniform.

KansasCityChiefs_zps63831cdd.png

I've simply standardized their sleeve, pant, and sock stripes. A new wordmark and the exclusive use of red pants on the road round out this update.

OaklandRaidersPresentation_zpse64f8bc6.png

I've added white outlines to their black jerseys, and a simple silver stripe to the socks. On the road jerseys, I took from the AFL uniforms to add silver numbers. White road socks have a stripe as well.

DenverBroncosPresentation_zpsaa476dc6.png

With the return to orange, the Broncos deserve to have a better design as well. Looking back at their 1960's sets, I created a uniform that used contrasting shoulder colors to really bring some life to their either plain white or blinding orange jerseys. Pants, socks, and helmet stripes all mimic the sleeve design on their respective colors. Really happy with how this guy turned out. I love when I can create a concept that doesn't have anything on the sleeves themselves, as this one does. The shoulder design is enough, giving the swoosh some much needed breathing room.

C&C as always!

potd 10/20/12

Chargers: I like the addition of more yellow to these sets. The yellow numbers trimmed in blue on the white jerseys look great. The powder blue monochromatic set is overkill for me though.

Chiefs: Classic. I'm lukewarm on the new wordmark..

Raiders: The new white set is excellent. I would like to see the AFL-era silver numbers come back.

Broncos: This is probably my favorite set. The nod to the 1960s uniforms works while still being modern. I'm glad to see the "swoosh" uni/pants stripe go away too. I would love to see these on the field.

mainescarf.png

Chargers: I like the choice of colors and I am digging the yellow numbers on the white jerseys as well.

Chiefs: I think you could make the wordmark on the jerseys slightly smaller, but it's still a good set overall, however.

Raiders: The silver numbers on the white jerseys are the best part of this set. I would love to see Oakland wear them on the road!

Broncos: The orange shirt and blue sleeves are a splendid touch! No complaints here.

Keep it up, you're doing great!

SD: I'm actually not a fan of the yellow numbers on the white jerseys. Not enough color balance on the jerseys themselves. Also, I would use their current wordmark since you kept the number font. Also, on a technical note, I think the numbers are off center (to the right).

KC: If you're going to change the stripes in that fashion (same pattern, change the colors), I would base them off the sleeve stripes, not the pants stripes. It just doesn't say Chiefs to me and makes them more like the Bears and Niners. Also, I prefer their current wordmark.

OAK: I like the subtle changes you made. My only suggestion would be to color the NOBs like the wordmark on the front of the jersey (solid silver on home, black on the road).

DEN: Love it. Exactly the look they should go back to. I like the tapering you used on the stripes...makes it more modern.

Absolutely love the Denver uni. As a life long Broncos fan I would be thrilled with this change. The only thing I would tweak is lightening the blue a little. I would prefer it between their old and the new. A little darker than the pastely royal they used to wear, but lighter than the navy. Also, with the blue pants, I think it would be sharp if the blue pants were an option on their home uniforms. Blue, orange, blue would be killer. Seriously, you should email that set to Elway.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

SD: I'm actually not a fan of the yellow numbers on the white jerseys. Not enough color balance on the jerseys themselves. Also, I would use their current wordmark since you kept the number font. Also, on a technical note, I think the numbers are off center (to the right).

KC: If you're going to change the stripes in that fashion (same pattern, change the colors), I would base them off the sleeve stripes, not the pants stripes. It just doesn't say Chiefs to me and makes them more like the Bears and Niners. Also, I prefer their current wordmark.

OAK: I like the subtle changes you made. My only suggestion would be to color the NOBs like the wordmark on the front of the jersey (solid silver on home, black on the road).

DEN: Love it. Exactly the look they should go back to. I like the tapering you used on the stripes...makes it more modern.

Yea there was something very... sterile I guess about the powder blue numbers for the Bolts. It just didn't look right to me. Woops on the off centering.. That always seems to happen at least once with my concepts.

I really hate the way the white and yellow bleed on the Chiefs jerseys so that's why I went with the broken pattern.

potd 10/20/12

SD: I'd like to see blue road numbers. Right now the color balance is off. Also, I think it would be better to go with plain road socks instead of striped ones. To me, this uniform says "modern", while striped socks say "traditional". Maybe go the monochrome route, or even plain white socks. But the striped ones look wierd, IMO. And, you should probably drop the blue monochrome.

KC: Absolutely love it.

OAK: Not a fan of the white outlines on the home.

DEN: I like it, and I think blue road alt socks would look good. Not sure if you want 3 pairs of socks, though. I also think the pants stripe would look better if you flipped it (vertically).

Good concepts so far!

spacer.png

I love the Broncos update. The Raiders look good, but I've never been a fan of the silver numbers because 1. There isn't much contrast with the white jersey and 2. The black numbers kept the black in the predominantly silver away uniform.

Archived